Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hyper_skutt Wrote:I know how to fix this there is 3 diffrent ways!

1. throw ur router out the window and use ur cable stright to the wall.

OR

2. find the router in my computer and right click it and there should be something like add in there put name: Starcraft Port from: 6112  port to: 6112 or something like that.
(u have to do this quite often) it like disapears sometimes when u restart..

And then u have to go to regedit and add a line there cant remember what but something like portmapping 6112 in bnet folder. Google it. (there are like 3 bnet folders think it was current user)

OR

3. Check your firewalls. I recommend u try step 1. first and see if that is the problem and then step 2.
lmao, that one never seems to fail. Tongue
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
its true 1 out of 10 router suck balls with lame ass idiotic hardware in them or software dont know wich but its only there to fu*k with you.. (shhh... my parents got one).. sorry i mean had one... i seriously threw it out the window changed ISP and they got me one brand new that worked like a charm...

EDIT for step 1.  i recomend that u throw out the router after you tried step 3 or somewhere inbetwene step 2 and 3.
Destroy anything labeled D-Link. Nothing is worse than D-Link. Use Linksys, it's awesome.
along with port forwarding, you also need to set up a static ip and some other stuff, then restart your computer
Code:
I.These First 3 Things any novice windows user can Do.

1#
A)Right Click on Start
B)Hit Explore
C)Go to My Computer->Program Files->Starcraft->
D)Select bncache.dat and press Delete
E)Do this periodically, about 1 time per week
2#
A)Hit Start
B)Hit Run
C)Type: 'regedit' without the quotes
D)In the window that pops-up Follow This Path: My Computer->Hkey_Local_Machine->Software
E) Select Battle.net (NOT STARCRAFT THAT WILL MAKE IT VERY BAD) and hit delete
3#
A)Hit Start
B)Move the mouse over Settings
C)Click Control Panel
D)Scroll Down To The Bottom of the list and Double-Click Windows Firewall
E)Select the Exceptions Tab
F)Hit Add Port...
G)Choose a name for the port (e.g.SCPort01)
H)Type in Port Number 6112 and choose UDP
I)Hit Ok
J)Repeat Steps F,G,and H, but use TCP Instead of Udp, and Choose a Different Port Name (e.g.SCPort02)

II.More advanced, less step-by-step instructions
1#
A)Open your web browser
B)Type In Your Ip Address
1.To Find Your Ip Address Hit Run, Type 'cmd' and type 'ipconfig' Your Ip Address will be there, Next to IP Address (there are 2 of them, but choose the one with 4 numbers 1-255 with dots inbeetween then, (e.g. 192.168.1.1)
C)Hit enter and if prompted for a password, ask your netwoek administrator (if you are your own administrator and you haven't chosen a password, try Name: Admin Password: Admin, if this dosent work, google: " [name of your router] default password)
D) Find Port Opening
E)Type in ports 6112 (TCP and UDP and set them to open, NOTE: with some models, you have to open this for just one computer, assign it to the computer you play Starcraft on's IP and maybe use IP designation to save that password for your computer

I don't know as much about Port forwarding as i used to, so go to http://PortForward.com and find your router type, make, and model, it will walk you through it, (For the lazy, you can buy a program off of http://PortForward.com that will do the port forwarding process for you)

|\                                /|
                      \`-.___________    ___________,-'/
                      `.          ,'    `.          ,'
  _______                \        /        \        /                ___
  \  ____`.    _        |      |          |      |              ,' _ `.
  | |  \ \    \`.____  |    __|        ___|__    |  ___        / ,' `. \
  | |    | |    `-. .-'  |  / _ \      '-. .-.\  |  \ /        | /    \ |
  | |    | |      | |    |  / /_\ \      | |_//  |  | |        | |    | |
  | |    | |      | |    |  | .-. |      | | \\  |  | |        | \    / |
  | |___/ /      _| |_  | _| | | |      _| |_//  |  | |___,    \ `._,' /
  / _____,'      '-----'  |'---' | |    '-----'    |  '----/      `.___,'
|,'                      |      | /        |      |
                          |    / /          |      |
                          |  _,','          |      |
                          |      |          |      |
                        /        \        /        \
                      ,'__________`.    ,'__________`.
Yeah, like the others said you must forward your ports and set it to the proper port and if you need any more help with port forwarding you should just Youtube it. There is tons of videos on how to. I fixed my latency issue a while ago on my desktop and now I can host perfectly.  Smile
Yea u shud add starcraft to ur list of exceptions to everything ur firewall, ur anti virus and any other programs that cud block it. then u shud make sure ur internet isnt garbage. check ur speed at www.speedtest.net/. then if all else fails port forward sc to 6112. theres many guides on youtube and google that can show u how. i port fowarded n i can host now. Tongue
You can try a latency glitch if u wanna play with a certain person. You gotta get in a room with someone and leave as fast as possible with that person. Then you guys can host or play together. Good luck
*NOTE*

If you have successfully forwarded your ports and are able to host a game on battle.net, but, only a few people can enter...

Then stop being a cheap ass and upgrade your internet connection to like 1MBPS or something.  Hosting requires a nice fast Cable/DSL connection. T1 would be better but most likely you dont have that unless 40 people are all using the same internet (example: College/University or something) connection.

Peace!!
alright heres one more thing you can check make sure ur modem if it has a login page has been portforwarded as well taht can be a pain in the as trying to get in just good login then modem model number