Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The thread of exceptional dislike which is directed towards bunnyhopping.
I, The Rival Wrote:
silly Wrote:But guys, just how realistic is it? It's not like someone in a real-life situation would go: "ey, I'm in a tight spot, so I'll b-hop out, cuz!"

I'm surprised nobody agreed with me, but due to the popular opinion, I'll be slightly less disliking of b-hopping.

How many times in a real life situation would terrorists be able to fund thousands of dollars on guns, but only be able to afford one small C4 explosive? CS:S isn't about real life. BHOPPING IS COOL BRO lol.

Cool for the ones who care enough to do it.
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

Eternal94 Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:
silly Wrote:But guys, just how realistic is it? It's not like someone in a real-life situation would go: "ey, I'm in a tight spot, so I'll b-hop out, cuz!"

I'm surprised nobody agreed with me, but due to the popular opinion, I'll be slightly less disliking of b-hopping.

How many times in a real life situation would terrorists be able to fund thousands of dollars on guns, but only be able to afford one small C4 explosive? CS:S isn't about real life. BHOPPING IS COOL BRO lol.

Cool for the ones who care enough to do it.

Yes. The people that choose to do it are the cool ones who care Big Grin
If you read this, you suck.
There is a steam achievement for killing a bunny hopper. 

I find it annoying when someone bhops across the map.  In certain cases it could be considered an exploit to fast rush a location.  No problem with it in custom map servers.  Annoying in popular maps, just as easy to kill, just annoying.  I understand using it to get away or around a corner faster, but when someone tries to go across a wide area I "sigh" as I'm killing them.  Another dead bunny.

I wouldn't go for the realism route on any FPS.  No one moves that fast and shoots that accurately.  No fatigue with all the gear.  No ears ringing for hours after a intense firefight.  Reloading that fast every time.  Rushing at a M249 or any weapon on automatic. 

If you wanted a realistic game it would be a big let down to you.

I, The Rival Wrote:

How many times in a real life situation would terrorists be able to fund thousands of dollars on guns, but only be able to afford one small C4 explosive?

But a small C4 explosive actually exists in real-life! And remember, guns are re-useable, explosion thingys aren't.

I, The Rival Wrote:CS:S isn't about real life. BHOPPING IS COOL BRO lol.
I like to think that CS:S is supposed to be a quasi imitation of real-life terrorist and counter-terrorist escapades.

Nah it's epicgay, man (slightly less gay than before I created this topic, but still epicgay nonetheless).

@-VeeL.xyLoneZ: You have something to what you're saying, but a game like css has to be at least decently realistic. And I understand that if people died so easily in the game it would not likely be much fun for people. Also, game developers are limited in what they can put into a game, as there are a numerous amount of things in real-life which would be too difficult to put into a game like css. If they did manage to, the game's size would end up being like 10 terrabytes (or something like that).

@Mr.Tea: "There is a steam achievement for killing a bunny hopper.", what's it called?

Also, maybe b-hoppers are "just as easy to kill" for you, but I and many others find accurately hitting them more difficult (which is precisely one of the reasons that b-hoppers b-hop). As I was saying to Veel, it would be inconvenient for a game to be extremely realistic (for a variety of reasons), but still, I think that games like css are intended to be realistic-ish (i.e. as realistic as convenience allows for).

"I wouldn't go for the realism route on any FPS."

Well, I think that quite a few game developers would disagree, as would I.

"No one moves that fast and shoots that accurately.  No fatigue with all the gear.  No ears ringing for hours after a intense firefight.  Reloading that fast every time.  Rushing at a M249 or any weapon on automatic."

Because "fatigue with all the gear" would be detrimintal to the gameplay, as would "ears ringing for hours after a intense firefight", and not being able to "Reload that fast every time" (and the inverse of your other examples). While I recognise that you were making a point about ultra-realism (although the cod franchise is doing pretty well in this respect) in first-person-shooters, it simply isn't feasible to include those sorts of things. However many fps games do attempt to get as close as they can (to real life) without damaging the gameplay, and in my view css is one of them.

"If you wanted a realistic game it would be a big let down to you."

Well, the realistic-ish element of the game doesn't really let me down (with the exception of b-hopping  ;D )
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
I meant more like, why is there only one bomb between up to 20 Terrorists? Why don't they all have bombs?
If you read this, you suck.
I, The Rival Wrote:I meant more like, why is there only one bomb between up to 20 Terrorists? Why don't they all have bombs?
LOL, that's a good point. Probably because they would pwn the cts to be honest.
Battlefield 2 way ahead of Call of Doody.  First game to have shock from large caliber weapons.  First developers to look at destroying buildings.  COD and MoH took it and made them into a abortion of a franchise.  No bias at all. =P

Quote:Unlocked: Oct 6, 2010 12:13am
Bunny Hunt
Kill an airborne enemy

Once they jump just aim where they are going to land.  Its not too hard.  Its when you try to track them that gets u trouble.  Its a pattern you just have to lead them more.

Nothing is realistic about 20 t's attacking 20 cts.  Nor a cross-hair.  The most frustrating thing about CSS is that right-click doesn't let you look down the sights like more "realistic" FPS.  You don't have to lead a target, account for drop, and a lot of other variables that other games account for.

To be realistic means that they would have to know what its like in real life.  CSS doesn't even simulate real life natural effects.  Nor does it simulate realistic combat.  Same people that think Jarhead, Hurt Locker, and a lot of other crappy war movies are realistic.

Its a video game that is fun.  The longer you play the more "cheap" tricks you can use.  Its up to you to decide whether to be cheap or good...you could probably even be both. 
I believe it's do to Bhopping in 1.5/1.6  ,  Bhopping wasn't nearly as easy in those. As I recall it was nearly impossible to sustain in 1.6 without scripts.  Anyone doing it meant they spent alot of time on the game and were probably really good.  It was a sign of status and that carried on to other versions of counterstrike.

AND IT FUCKING LOOKS COOL.
[Image: 8yi3kn.png]
rawr?
Thanks for replying Mr Tea Wink

Quote:Battlefield 2 way ahead of Call of Doody.  First game to have shock from large caliber weapons.  First developers to look at destroying buildings.  COD and MoH took it and made them into a abortion of a franchise.  No bias at all. =P
I'm not sure which battlefield game is which, and I've played a few (like Vietnam, and the one that came out after that), but neither of these games matched the realism and general epicnessery of the Modern Warfare games, in my opinion.

Quote:Unlocked: Oct 6, 2010 12:13am
Bunny Hunt
Kill an airborne enemy

Alright, with that point, and also the existence of the bhopping console command, I admit that bhopping seems to have been accepted by the game developers as an optional feature.

Quote: Once they jump just aim where they are going to land.  Its not too hard.  Its when you try to track them that gets u trouble.  Its a pattern you just have to lead them more.
Yeah I'm sure there are good strategies for killing them, but I highly doubt that they would be as easy to kill as non-bhoppers.

Quote:Nothing is realistic about 20 t's attacking 20 cts.  Nor a cross-hair.  The most frustrating thing about CSS is that right-click doesn't let you look down the sights like more "realistic" FPS. 
For the bolded points, these things are possible. They can occur in real-life. In regards to crosshairs, the game would be virtually unplayable without them.

Quote:You don't have to lead a target, account for drop, and a lot of other variables that other games account for.
I'm not completely sure that I understand what you mean with leading targets and accounting for drop, but css is quite an old game and is significantly realistic for a game of it's age. I think that it was made using what was available at the time. Of course games have improved with the improval of computers.

Quote: To be realistic means that they would have to know what its like in real life.

I think in the context of games, it is better described as: an accurate as possible depiction of real life. That's why reviewers of new games often mention just how "realistic" the new games are (and they get more are more realistic as time passes). 

Quote:CSS doesn't even simulate real life natural effects. Nor does it simulate realistic combat.
It attempts to. An exact replication would be impossible.

Quote:Same people that think Jarhead, Hurt Locker, and a lot of other crappy war movies are realistic.
Not that I've seen Jarhead of The Hurt Locker, but I presume that they're more realistic then the Rambo movies, haha.

Quote:Its a video game that is fun.  The longer you play the more "cheap" tricks you can use.

But in my view, it's not just cheap, it's ridiculous.
Quote:Its up to you to decide whether to be cheap or good...you could probably even be both

Hi Ptk Smile

pTK Wrote:I believe it's do to Bhopping in 1.5/1.6  ,  Bhopping wasn't nearly as easy in those. As I recall it was nearly impossible to sustain in 1.6 without scripts.  Anyone doing it meant they spent alot of time on the game and were probably really good.  It was a sign of status and that carried on to other versions of counterstrike.

Status? I must have a terrible reputation then. I remember playing about 3 or 4 years ago when nobody ever bhopped, it hasn't been around forever. I think that it originated as a manipulation of game physics and was popularised quite quickly to become an allowable and optional part of the game.

How long ago did people begin bhopping in 1.5/6?

pTK Wrote:AND IT FUCKING LOOKS COOL.

When I see bhopping I can't help but frown (Unless it's in a fun-map or something). Coolness "is in the eye of the beholder".
To each their own, but the large scale battle of Battlefield and the domination of squads using actual military strategy totally beats the run and gun of any new CoD game (Which already bring enough shame on 1&2)
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]