Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank vs Skill
Kdr doesn't really determine skill. you could bait your whole team and get a high kdr still. I think a good gauge would be percentage wins on T and CT. then again, its a pub.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
KDR is the best example of skill. If you constantly play you will slowly move up the ranks regardless of your skill level as you continue to accumulate kills. However KDR shows consistently how you perform on average... so when it comes to rankings like the GameMe ones, yes KDR is the best example.

If you want to see who is actually good at this game, who understands it and the meaning of teamwork, then scrim.  There are tons of Pub Stars who cant scrim for crap because they have no understanding of teamwork or strategy(angles, adv points) and just run around gunning on pubs.
[Image: poopl.png]

[Image: custom.php?id=76561197960275731]
I agree that scrims are the best way to determine skill. but my opinion, to be specific is that a 'skilled' player in GameMe is judged holistically. not just kdr(although it is a huge factor).

To get up the ranks easily here is to just get bomb plants /defusals (10 points each, and rescue hostages (15 per hostage). Which is yo win games.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
stinK Wrote:If you want to see who is actually good at this game, who understands it and the meaning of teamwork, then scrim.  There are tons of Pub Stars who cant scrim for crap because they have no understanding of teamwork or strategy(angles, adv points) and just run around gunning on pubs.

This would be me. My team is always on the loosing side when I'm in a scrim. Tongue But again, the last few times I scrimmed was while at work, where I can't concentrate, turn up the sound, nor talk as freely as I would at home. Last scrim I was in at home, we dominated... but again, that was with other good players.
[Image: 127101_602.png]
silly Wrote:There is certainly a correlation between skill and rank, and it might be a weak relationship, yet it's there nonetheless. Of course a high rank is not necessarily equivalent with a high skill-level, but it's much easier for players with a high skill-level to get a good rank than it is for less skilled players. .

Silly took the words right out of my mouth.  While rank isn't a definite or exact measure of skill, it is still a general indicator of an above average player. If you care to disagree, Assemble a team of players from the servers, and then the top10 players of each server will all assemble teams and play us. See who wins Wink    Pretty much, good players are and not limited to the top10.  I am proud to say that 9/10 players that are in the top10 on the sniper server are ridiculously beast. Although I also agree with stink where he said there are pubstars that can't scrim for crap because of their lack of understanding for teamwork. This is true, but most pub players lack the very same thing. The only difference is they can't even put up frags.

If you wish to skip that and read a summary  then look below.

Rank and Skill have a positive correlation. Rank does equal skill but not in a precise nor calculable measure. It is general and vague but present. Skill should NOT be determined on rank alone, but a higher rank usually means a better player.
[Image: 8yi3kn.png]
rawr?
Not intending to flame, but when only 2 people in the top5 have a ~2 kpd something is up.  Most of the great players are in the top 75 because you can see their performance over time.  A certain clan stacked maps and bomb/rescued hostage to get their players in the top5.  Since, wL is a point based rank structure those who play the most or plays on off-peak hours have a high rank and are par at the best.

Many of the "good" players are team stackers too (I had a tracker and it was quite sad when I saw that most regulars chose the easy team). 

I usually identify the good players by the ones who do well, help their team, and join the underdog/switch to help the losing team.  They usually don't care about their kpd, acc, but still have decent ones.

They usually have ~2+ kpd and ~25 acc.  These factors aren't tell alls, but when a person can maintain decent numbers on the harder team with a full server illustrates the main point.
Mr.Tea Wrote:Not intending to flame, but when only 2 people in the top5 have a ~2 kpd something is up.  Most of the great players are in the top 75 because you can see their performance over time.  A certain clan stacked maps and bomb/rescued hostage to get their players in the top5.  Since, wL is a point based rank structure those who play the most or plays on off-peak hours have a high rank and are par at the best.

Many of the "good" players are team stackers too (I had a tracker and it was quite sad when I saw that most regulars chose the easy team). 

I usually identify the good players by the ones who do well, help their team, and join the underdog/switch to help the losing team.  They usually don't care about their kpd, acc, but still have decent ones.

They usually have ~2+ kpd and ~25 acc.  These factors aren't tell alls, but when a person can maintain decent numbers on the harder team with a full server illustrates the main point.
i see players in the 500 and they are better than the some players in top 10. btw since you said you can identify good players, then what do you say about evaluating me considering the fact that i didnt finish 3 months yet and only play 1.6 a few times  , im i average or a pro noob is not an option lol..jk
i would really appreciate telling me on what level im i on right now, of course i wont get mad or consider it a flame its just an evaluation to know how good im i lol. tbh i dont care about ranks, but all i care about is my acc.
Everyone knows Rank = Skill bro! I'm rank 131 which means I'm in the top 150 in the worlddd...on the server

It's totally a legit measure of skill  8)
Imperf3ct Wrote:Everyone knows Rank = Skill bro! I'm rank 131 which means I'm in the top 150 in the worlddd...on the server

there are players ranked 500 can balance the teams alone, and own some players in the top 10 so rank =/= skill, infact it should be rank=time spent on a server lol. i saw a player ranked in the top 50 and they suck they get bad scores that doesnt fit their rank like 15-30, 11-20. but he got this rank because he plays alot and this is just one case there are alot of players like that. so how do you explain this ?
Imperf3ct Wrote:Everyone knows Rank = Skill bro! I'm rank 131 which means I'm in the top 150 in the worlddd...on the server

i was #1 for a short time period on all servers combined that use GameMe stats... did that make me #1 in the world for a while? lol
[Image: poopl.png]

[Image: custom.php?id=76561197960275731]