Poll: Reset the ranks of a player when they reach XXXX amount of points. Show Results
Indecisive
3 13.64%
No
13 59.09%
Yes - Specify server(s)
2 9.09%
Yes - All servers
4 18.18%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resting ranks after so many points?!?!
pTK Wrote:WHAT EVER IT TAKES. YOU HEAR ME??? WHATEVER!!!
please dont i voted for no, so please dont lol
pTK Wrote:WHAT EVER IT TAKES. YOU HEAR ME??? WHATEVER!!!

Now he's determined o.O
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

>Sad    <----- Anger Face
[Image: 8yi3kn.png]
rawr?
I was going to take #1 on pub maps just to illustrate how rank has nothing to do with skill.  I had it too until I had to ship my desktop away.  I was also inspired to do it to mock the point exploiters that used to be in the top 10.  It was really fun finding them play together on a near empty server and cause them to RQ when they couldn't just keep planting the bomb over and over.

I like the idea of monthly ranking/all time ranking.

It lets people track their stats, as well as, allow monthly competitions.

I wouldn't worry about getting to the top10 stinK.  If you play normal amount of time you'll get up there no problem.
Mr Tea, so you're implying that you are not skilled? If not, you would have done nothing to prove your point.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
What he was saying that given time he could get there. He currently has a 2.12 KDR on the pop maps. So I would agree with him there. If he put enough time playing on the server he could get there. He is currently at the number 5 slot with a better KDR than the ones above him. His acc percent is also at par with the top five players.

So yep, given time he could get there.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
Then if anything (given his higher kdr), if he is able to overtake the other top 5 players (despite their efforts) he would be validating both ptk's and my own opinion that there is a correlation between skill and rank.

Imagine this scenario: There are two players who first begin playing on a warlords server at the same time, and continue playing non-stop for 30 days (somehow they don't experience fatigue, and don't need neither sleep nor food).

One of the players (player 1) gets (on average) more kills per minute and per death, more mvps, more defuses/plants, and more dominations than the other player (player 2).

Which player do you think will end up with the higher rank?

Of course it's not as straightforward as that in reality, but it's a clear demonstratation that skill does have an influence (however moderate) on one's rank.

Jaycat, would it be possible for you to move all of the posts regarding rank vs skill to the thread of the same name, thanks.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
silly Wrote:Jaycat, would it be possible for you to move all of the posts regarding rank vs skill to the thread of the same name, thanks.

That would take both my rank and skill to get this done.  ;D

I do agree that this topic was split in the two different threads. This happened when the other one went way off topic and one of the Mods split the topics. In the future, if we could keep our threads more on topic, we could prevent this from happening.

Edit: After looking at the two different threads, in order for me to merge them I would do one of three things.
1. Undo what one of the other mods did. (Which isn't going to happen)
2. Delete half of the posts in the other thread before I merge them. (Nope)
3. Pick out each post in the other thread to bring to this one. (Really? I have better things to do)

So what we learned here is Keep your posts on topic.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]