Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on Police Brutality?
I just hope that you guys dont do the fucked up shit that these bad cops do. Im all for cops that do the job they way it was intended. and I totally agree, I lot of the protesters are losers and hippys that have no or horrid jobs. 

and from what jack was saying yeah a lot of the videos on youtube are the fault of the civilians not doing what was being asked of them because they are to ignorant or stubborn, but im not talking about that. IMO the people in alot of the youtube videos should just be takin out back and shot in the face so that the rest of the civilized society could live in peace.
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
Quote: From a legal perspective from what I gathered is that this is still considered a legal use of force based on the face that the protesters were pulling their arms away from the officers when they did try to effect an arrest.

The police officer that was trying to arrest the protester was actually told not to by Officer Pike.

Other points worth noting: This use of force was
A) Not requested by the Chancellor. In fact she asserts that she told them they were not supposed to be removed in violence, only the tents.
B) The use of pepper spray in this incident actually violates the University's use of force policy for campus police.
C) The nonchalant way and the showy way he made of spraying the protester incited most of the outrage.

A lot of other reasons was that the Chief of Police stated that there was no way out of the circle and that they were threatened. In the videos, and from personal accounts, I can state that it was not true. You can see the officers step over the protesters who were not trying to restrict their movement.

It's also ironic that the movement spoke against police brutality. Moreover, to take it more into account of the outrage. Numerous hate crimes have began to occur on campus and there was little to no police activity on this issue.

Similarly it also just contradicted an email the Chancellor had sent out.

---

Remix, I don't have a problem with the police, I do have a problem with the way it was carried out in this situation. (That and the fact that I just finished a paper about Abu Ghraib, and other situations where countries allow torture).
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Exactly he was trying to insight a riot in the way he did the spraying of the students. That is what im talking about when an EGO get in the way of doing your duty in the right manner.

this shit going.NOW^^^^

I don't think he was trying to incite a riot. I just think he utilized the wrong method. There were no tents on the Quad at the time, so the Chancellor's request had been fulfilled. They could have easily stepped out of the circle.
ok maybe not a riot but i would definitely say that he was doing his actions with the purpose of trying to make people angry, by raising the pepper spray canister in the air for all to see. At lest that is what i was getting from the video that is saw.

This is the video that i saw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJmmnMkuEM

this shit going.NOW^^^^

I would repeat myself, I believe this is not a decision of one person, so police anger or some officers being EGO is not the case here.

Thanks Davis.
ruplayer Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:I'd pay good money to see Ruplayer take that much pepper spray and still be sitting where those dudes were.
I'd pay 3 times more to have these boys visit your place when they're off duty.

I wasn't disputing the cops ability to kick the shit out of civilians (you're probably try to hint that you'd pay them to come round my house and beat me up), but you were disputing the use of pepper spray.

Have you even seen the footage? I doubt it, otherwise you'd never be defending how much they used. Ever been pepper sprayed? I have. My friend had some mace, and we were fucking around with it and spraying it around. Even the smallest bit of the spray catching in the wind and going into your face hurts so fucking bad. It gets under your skin, so you start to scratch at the affected place, but then you're just making your skin more raw so the pepper spray stings more.

That was only a small bit. Those kids got hosed down like the guy was watering his fucking lawn.

So I say it again; I'd like to see you take that much pepper spray.

Also to everyone defending the police, fair enough. I'm not always blaming the police for everything. They support some FUCKED UP laws. I hate the way they hide behind the "its not me, it's the law" defense, when they're as bad as the system that makes the laws (for upholding stupid shit). But IN THIS SPECIFIC CASE there was no need for that much spray to be used in the way that the officer did. He was getting a hardon because he was in control. Guys probably got a tiny dick.

Some police are good though. We have a lot of good police officers in England. All the times I've been arrested they've been real nice to me, and I have been nice back to them. Any time I get searched I'm always polite. But once in a while you get that one with attitude and a big ego, that thinks he's superior to everyone else. I got it before, I could tell one officer was thinking "Fucking hippy scum" when he was questioning me.

To be fair though, you Americans have a lot more to worry about. It's not just the police, it's your entire government that's fucked up.
If you read this, you suck.
1) I would never join group of students sitting on the sidewalk.
2) The only arguments you use are "I could tell what officer was thinking" and "They hide behind the law", kind of makes you look like a joke.
3)I have been sprayed by cops, when I was around 12, but it's a different story, and it was a different country at that time.
4) There are many different types of pepper sprays, do you know which one they used?
5)
Quote: "Fucking hippy scum"
ruplayer Wrote:1) I would never join group of students sitting on the sidewalk.
2) The only arguments you use are "I could tell what officer was thinking" and "They hide behind the law", kind of makes you look like a joke.
3)I have been sprayed by cops, when I was around 12, but it's a different story, and it was a different country at that time.
4) There are many different types of pepper sprays, do you know which one they used?
5)
It was military grade pepper spray

Quote:Def-Tec MK-9 is an extra-strength .7% Major Capsaicinoids solution (identified by an orange band on the cannister) which is 3.5 times more powerful than Defense Technology's "First Defense" product.

That weaker solution is effective to 18-20 feet and should not be sprayed closer than 6 feet, according to the manufacturer. The only spray the company makes which is stronger is intended for use on bears.
ruplayer Wrote:1) I would never join group of students sitting on the sidewalk.
5)

I'm only speculating as much as you are.

Also, suck a dick Ruplayer. You'll probably be first in line handing out reacharounds for the cops when the police become militarised.

And yeah, I did know what kind of pepper spray they used, I'd have posted about it if Joker hadn't already. Do you watch Fox News by any chance, Ruplayer? I bet you have that shit on 24/7.
If you read this, you suck.