Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evaluate new computer build
SpartanOnLSD Wrote:yeah SSD is where to go..i would say just get that SSD and then get a External for everythign else...I just got a Seagate 4TB external HD for backing up everything and i have a 320GB HDD inside.
well if you have a alot alot of games, programs, and other stuff your pc's speed will be affected if you have a low HD space having 4TB external isnt useful as having 1 TB internal
I'm just talking about having like a pbackup and like all my movies and pics and docs and my external. I would also get a bigger SSD and then I would have to worry about that. I would have my frequently used files on the SSD and exerything else on external.
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
joker8baller Wrote:I'll wait until the hard drive shortage in Thailand is done before I'll be getting a new one.

Probably going to end up with a 32GB SSD for system, and 2 500GB for gaming/stuff.

I'm doing just fine with a 16gb SSD as my Master drive. It's been about 10 months since I've got my PC, and it still takes about 10 to 15 seconds to boot up.

It's worth it. I'd get the 32gb to be safer.it just went over my budget at that point of time.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
M DA BOSS ! i have 500GB HD ;D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]
Knowpain Wrote:M DA BOSS ! i have 500GB HD ;D

w/e i have a 4,000 GB = 4 TB hard drive sucka. eat it..lol
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
I think ideally you wanna have 2 x2TB hard drives. Everyone goes for these Sata drives with huge capacities, but the thing is that they're still more likely to brick than you think. Splitting up your drives (running 2 in a RAID configuration) would be better because then if one bricks, no problem, you've got another. Even just using one for backing up or something.

Also that processor is becoming a standard now. 2500k, good CPU Smile
If you read this, you suck.
Yeah. Hyperthreading didn't offer enough to justify the i7 for gaming.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Wow, you guys are gettingĀ  wet when you talk about hard drives...
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
joker8baller Wrote:Yeah. Hyperthreading didn't offer enough to justify the i7 for gaming.

I think you should just invest in an after-market CPU cooler and go with an overclock, 2500k can clock higher than all of the current stock i7s, depending on your RAM. The black edition i7s do look intense, but they'll be slamming out i9s before you even know it. You'll be able to run shit at full spec for the next few years on that rig anyway.

ruplayer Wrote:Wow, you guys are gettingĀ  wet when you talk about hard drives...

Not really. We're just having a discussion about a topic that we enjoy. Simple.
If you read this, you suck.
Yep yep. Got an aftermarket CPU cooler on the way too.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]