Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Shuttle Enterprise flies again
Masterful1 Wrote:
silly Wrote:
Masterful1 Wrote:If you didn't have what it takes to serve, in my honest opinion, you don't get to tell me what MY service meant to me.
I haven't seen anyone try and tell you what your service meant to you, and don't start calling everyone who has not fought in the war a coward.

Don't put words in my mouth.  The word coward was never used, nor was it implied.  If you CHOOSE to take it that way, that's on you....
Then what is "If you didn't have what it takes to serve" supposed to mean?
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
A sense of duty, willingness to serve, a desire for self-improvement, wanting to see if you could meet challenges.... Any of these things are along the lines I was thinking... Honestly, though, "coward" never entered my thoughts....
[Image: 552360_101.png]
Masterful1 Wrote:But, when I had to, I caused death to those trying to harm me or my fellow soldiers
Are you fucking stupid, you still don't get it don't you..
You invaded the god damn country, you killed, raped, tortured, don't lecture me about humanity, YOU simply wanted OIL & nothing but OIL, orders to kill were given to you & it was either kill or get killed.
Do you really expect me to believe your words over civilians who escaped the mess your stupid government did, you really think that what you did was "honorable"... get fucking real.

Masterful1 Wrote:TRUE Islam is about compassion and understanding, not judgement, Jihad, or hate.  Extremists take their agendas and fool a mostly uneducated population into doing their dirty work and sacrificing themselves.
Yes I know that, but now it seams that those "extremists" your talking about are the same ones doing US's dirty work in countries who oppose the US policies, killing, destroying under the same cover the war on Iraq was (Humanitarian rights), & at the same time US & the whole wide world keeps ignoring what the extremists in israel are doing to the Christians & Muslims alike in Palestine, (Is Palestine in a whole other galaxy?, why doesn't anyone care about the people of Palestine, why should all the people around the world be forced to hate countries like Iran and Syria), I'll leave you to think about all of these questions.
[Image: bxj6gaq99c9hyvinfkvn.jpg]
[Image: w0l5y0.png]
ceddeeoo Wrote:The bolded sentence isn't true. No one here blamed you for anything we were talking about, we were all talking about the grand scheme of things, not individual soldiers. That said, there are many war crimes committed in Iraq and Afghanistan by US Soldiers (and sometimes even whole squadrons as that one that posted videos on the internet and was proven guilty not very long ago) and it would be foolish to assume otherwise.

And then....

MindHACKer Wrote:You invaded the god damn country, you killed, raped, tortured, don't lecture me about humanity, YOU simply wanted OIL & nothing but OIL, orders to kill were given to you & it was either kill or get killed.

As a simple line soldier, I am personally being held accountable by some, regardless that I broke no laws, and am a good person regardless of whatever those in charge intended.  I did not invade, my country did.  I never once raped (or even came close to that horrific act), I NEVER tortured, any prisoners I took were treated fairly, decently and NEVER abused under my watch.  I hold true to the law of "innocent until PROVEN guilty"...  Yet, here is someone who holds me PERSONALLY responsible for things FAR beyond the scope of my control.

Your Honor... The prosecution rests...
Best agree to disagree at this point.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Spartacus Wrote:Best agree to disagree at this point.

Agreed.... I allowed myself to get sucked into this, even though I said earlier that I was done with it.  Thanks, Spart... See u in a scrim or something soon?
Masterful1 Wrote:
Spartacus Wrote:Best agree to disagree at this point.

Agreed.... I allowed myself to get sucked into this, even though I said earlier that I was done with it.  Thanks, Spart... See u in a scrim or something soon?

Sure. I'm intending to make a css video like all the other cool nerds.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
I am not holding you responsible for your governments acts, I'm telling you that you carried out the orders to destroy a whole country (which is nothing to be "Proud" about).
[Image: bxj6gaq99c9hyvinfkvn.jpg]
[Image: w0l5y0.png]
Glad to see one part of NASA is closing and a new, better one is being created.  Smile
[Image: joker_sig.png]
MindHACKer Wrote:I am not holding you responsible for your governments acts, I'm telling you that you carried out the orders to destroy a whole country (which is nothing to be "Proud" about).

And you have no idea what you are talking about.  Period.  I am going to follow Spart's advice here and end this.... Agree to disagree, and game on... Cheers!