Total 88 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS:S Steam update released.
k
dafaq is wrong with u ?
[Image: 566405_204.png]
[Image: 566405_602.png]
M. Bison Wrote:We can't use the old-working NSNet one, sadly. It was only compiled for glibc2.13 whereas we use glibc2.11.1. The other old ones cause crashes every few minutes.  :'(

If its just a compiler issue and you point me to the sources and tell me what you need it compiled for I could probably resolve this if there aren't other people doing it already.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
The non-steam release is closed source. If it was open source then I'd recompile it myself.  Tongue
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
M. Bison Wrote:The non-steam release is closed source. If it was open source then I'd recompile it myself.  Tongue

I figured, oh wells. Could it be resolved by putting the 2.13 common files / dependencies on the server side by side the 2.11.1?
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
naive Wrote:
M. Bison Wrote:The non-steam release is closed source. If it was open source then I'd recompile it myself.  Tongue

I figured, oh wells. Could it be resolved by putting the 2.13 common files / dependencies on the server side by side the 2.11.1?
From what I've read, it's not even a good idea to try. It's suggested to switch linux distributions than deal with the mess it may end up causing. :-X
I'm able to connect to some v71 servers now with nosteam, there is a fix out there now.
That's the outdated version which still works, however, uses glibc2.13 as already discussed. I don't know why the non-steam developers only released a glibc2.13 version of it back in February. In any case, it can't be used on our servers. We'll have to wait until they release the updated files. From what I've read, it should be released some time today seeing as the weekend is around the corner.
M. Bison Wrote:That's the outdated version which still works, however, uses glibc2.13 as already discussed. I don't know why the non-steam developers only released a glibc2.13 version of it back in February. In any case, it can't be used on our servers. We'll have to wait until they release the updated files. From what I've read, it should be released some time today seeing as the weekend is around the corner.
Thank God....  I'm tired of playing Minecraft lol

[Image: tumblr_mf1umwFOnm1r4eysco1_500.gif]
what if we uses first the older version of glib.so non steam can play.then update it to the newer version if it comes out.. just saying by a desperate non-steamer.lol
= crash