Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  Banned Today and I need to explain
APPROVED

crestfallen, post: 64871, member: 14822 Wrote:I was IP perm banned today because an admin say me ask another player how to crash a server.
I don't think a permanent ban was justified. I've changed the reason to "Inappropriate Language" and set the ban duration to 1 hour. It has expired.

silly, post: 64890, member: 2152 Wrote:And Crestfallen is right, if he is to be banned, his Steam ID should be banned, not his IP.
Too risky. A lot of the cheaters tend to be repeat offenders who have hundreds of stolen accounts. They rotate through the accounts once they get banned off enough servers. The day this feature was implemented, cheating on the war-lords server dropped ten-fold.

henry, post: 64893, member: 395 Wrote:If you guys would like, I can remove their posts for now and moderate this section entirely until Cansiter has everything fixed. Yay or nay. CS:S Admins yes or no only.
I don't really mind regulars weighing their input as they may even present additional evidence without needing to start a separate topic. However, a lot of users tend to post irrelevant replies or mumble jumble. This is a prime example here: http://war-lords.net/threads/banned-toda...post-64887

We only removed their ability to post due to a lack of moderators. Since we've got a better functioning staff now, it shouldn't be a problem assuming you moderators don't mind the added burden. :p

You should remove all posts which are nonconstructive to the thread.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
It's hard to argue with that Smile. The downside though, is that there will be some genuine players raging at their brothers for getting them both banned.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
silly, post: 64904, member: 2152 Wrote:The downside though, is that there will be some genuine players raging at their brothers for getting them both banned.
We evaluate ban appeals on a case-to-case basis. If there's merit behind their story, we may limit the ban exclusively to the problematic steam_id.

On the plus side, their brother will get so much shit for it he wouldn't dare cheat/cause problems again. We're changing the world one ban at a time. :p

-CLOSED-
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol