Yes
25 44.64%
No
31 55.36%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One AWP per user
Spartacus, post: 67960, member: 1060 Wrote:Honestly, if I managed to buy an awp, i'd give it to Tea, or any capable sniper.

Remember we can still pick up awps dropped by teammates AND enemies.
im confused now, can we pick up awps from the dead or not?
Assassin, post: 67962, member: 2398 Wrote:im confused now, can we pick up awps from the dead or not?
Following the current plugin, you're just limited to 1 AWP purchase. You can't buy anymore after losing an awp, but you can still pick up any awp given or on the ground.

It'd be really funny if everyone bought an awp and died. No more awps for anyone. Probability of this happening is low anyway.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
But that's because you're a reasonable person and not just a random pubber. A lot of the other players are not.

I still know that, but denying a point awper the awp off the start, to someone who can actually use it is just wrong. This "awp monopoly" isn't some big conspiracy, it isn't hard to get it without binding it (I do it all the time), and its not unfair, wrong, or affecting the game negatively. I don't think any awper wants to wait around for someone to get picked at mid, to run back to a site to defend. If I didn't love the community, have good friends in it, and such, and I was a normal person I would leave if this rule was ever put into place. I am very much against further restrictions of the usage of the awp besides the limitations of how many people can have them.

I'd rather a "noob-friendly" server be pushed, because that what the rule changes really mean to me. I don't see it a push for "more teamwork" and to force an awper to give up his awp. I see it as something completely different. The servers provide a service to the players that play at War-Lords. People play on our servers because we offer a fun experience (A high skill set, crowded servers, and a fun environment). By taking away the usage of a good and not overpowered weapon, a lot of newer people are not going to stick around. You're NOT helping newer players by enacting these rules. You're just gimping them for when they play in other servers and scrims. They'll never learn the proper strategies of how to fight an awper, they're just going to run away.

Mr. Tea makes an excellent point. By making it more "noob-friendly", more casual awpers are going to spend $4750 on the AWP, die from either a good rush, a good shot, or just unfortunate circumstance. Now these casual players will be unable to buy another awp to improve themselves in a pub. Doesn't seem quite fair, or beneficial for any players. A lot of them are going to be like WTF?!

Here's another thing. I like to promote rules that are popular on servers I frequented over the years, and are generally widespread. This is not one of them. You guys may say that it's because it's new! Or that it's a great rule that no one thought of. The game's been out for a long time, and I'm talking back to CS 1.2-1.6 era, and this rule has NEVER become widespread, or even seen by me. Why? Because it's not well-liked by many people, especially the awpers.

The 1 AWP per team in a 40 man pub is ridic, but at least it's acceptable in a pub.

In the hands of a good player, any gun is deadly. In the hands of a newer player, the p90 & Autosniper are also just as deadly. The awp already has severe counters, I don't see any need to further prevent the usage of the AWP.

Even still, it's pretty hard for an awper to stay alive for the entire 40 person match. It really is. Unless a team is rolling another team, or the guy just stays back and camps, the awper will typically get picked... so there's really no need to change the rule.

Riddle me this: A team is getting rolled by another team. The one good player buys the awp, and his team fails to back him up after he/she pushes up. Now that person no longer has an awp. In these situations, there is no teamwork, there are no pubbers who are willing to buy an awp to trade it away to someone. If you think that, you live in a fantasy. There are less than 10% of our player population who would do such a thing. Now, that player is unable to buy an awp, to get the quick picks they need. They have to hang back to get the awp, and by then the quick picks are gone, and the usage of the awp as a force multiplier is now gone.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
joker8baller, post: 67970, member: 835 Wrote:In the hands of a good player, any gun is deadly. In the hands of a newer player, the p90 & Autosniper are also just as deadly. The awp already has severe counters, I don't see any need to further prevent the usage of the AWP.

I've seen pro CS players use the mp5 better then most people can use a ak.
[Image: 4r721w.png]
[Image: 619806_101.png]
so wouldnt ppl just reconnect to get another???
Faultless, post: 67974, member: 12785 Wrote:I've seen pro CS players use the mp5 better then most people can use a ak.
You can't compare SMGs to rifles. Rifles have 10x more recoil. If you're in motion and fire your rifle/awp your accuracy would be real bad. On the other hand, with SMGs you just run around and kill people.

"Professional", I hope you're referring to people that play leagues and earn from the game. The reason you see them getting 5 kills in a round with MP5s is because it was a save round of the opposite team. All you need is 2 hits to the head with an MP5. So there's no reason to get an AK/M4. In pubs, players don't really care. They'll buy whatever they can afford.
tl;dr you cant compare professionals to pubbers.

--

I think, more people who favor AWPs would stop playing on our servers if this were implemented. I'm still leaving my vote as no.
Hold your horses, lets say we don't believe in people anymore, and pubers would never buy an awp for you. Then instead of 1 awp laying somewhere at spawn or any other random spot on the map with 40 people, you will have 4-5 awps laying in different places, more chances to pick one for you, +some other teammates will be picking laying awp without wasting their 1 buy, so they can waste their one buy on later rounds. Puber's mind works this way - "if it's expansive I should pick it up". I mean, you will have many more awps laying around the map... this is another advantage for true awpers, even if you joined on the middle of the map and out of cash.

UG/.\FlyFisher, post: 67989, member: 14924 Wrote:so wouldnt ppl just reconnect to get another???
Bison Said no, there are ways to prevent this from happening.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
ahh aight would this be the same for autos??
Not a true advantage or an advantage at all. The Awp is crucial for calling, getting the quick picks, or area denial for a rush. This restriction would only serve to further gimp awpers. The arguement that awps would be lying on the ground just gives people a reason to surround an awper and wait for him to get picked. There's no advantage and people shouldn't be joining in the middle of the round after the buy period is done.

I'd argue pubbers minds work a different way. They buy what they want. Money saving and save rounds aren't their strategy.

The only thing I can see this achieving would be to limit the playing capabilities of those who are skills with the Awp, and giving newer or lesser skilled players more of a chance to kill these awpers. I don't see a curren problem and have never really been denied the Awp when it's one per team. We are not here to limit good players' ability and give the noobs an easier time.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
joker8baller, post: 68014, member: 835 Wrote:The arguement that awps would be lying on the ground just gives people a reason to surround an awper and wait for him to get picked.
This was said too many times... I don't see how current system doesn't allow them to surround ONE AWPER per team, but it will allow them to surround 4-5 AWPERS PER TEAM with suggested system.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]