Poll: How should it be? Show Results
The old way was just fine
16 41.03%
16+ = 1 AWP, 26+ = 2 AWPs, 34+ = 3 AWPs?
9 23.08%
Keep the current way they're set up
8 20.51%
AWP FREE!
4 10.26%
Other (Write Down)
2 5.13%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leave the AWPs the way it was
So what happens after they use their force buy? do they have to wait till half or map change?
M. Bison, post: 70182, member: 359 Wrote:Not to pick on Mr.Tea, but I can't even fathom how his % of kills by awp is a staggering 42%.
Probably because I play to AWP, I came to wL because it has AWP enabled. If you look at my break down it is. 56% AWP, 13% DEAG, and 9% m4/AK on Office Server; 42% AWP, 17% AK, 15% DEAG, 12% M4 on POP Maps. The servers I frequented over the last 7 years, were unrestricted AWP or 2xAWP 1xAuto per team. I would rather save my Cash and buy a DEAG, because I know with time and patience I will be able to buy an AWP.

It is also easier because I tend to join/switch to the losing team If I switch to your team, I am going to AWP and try to help you win. Most likely, if you want to AWP and you can't, switch to the harder team. It is not rocket science, but then you wouldn't be winning would you? I usually start on the hard side (Yes, time swap still favors the easy side due to quickly amassing money it is not a 50/50split), save money, and/or switch if my side is continually beating the other side.

I can show you a demo from a day ago when I was doing full buyout (DEAG, AWP, ARMOR, NADEs) from hitting "B" "D." I was 9 for 15, there were close to 30 ppl playing. I will not recognize nor believe that people don't have a chance to buy the AWP. Its a cop out and a load of poop.

On a daily basis, I am offered the AWP a few times, often from people I don't know. I almost always turn it down, but that would go against the portray AWP horders out there. It encourages begging and petty playing. I tried to give an AWP off to a player yesterday and I was chased around by two other yahoos trying to steal it.

I'm sorry if you can't buy the AWP. I'm sorry that whenever I try to buy it I get it with a 180s ping. FYI Sub100 pingers typically can beat me out on the AWP buy. My delay doesn't effect how quickly I may buy weapons, but how do I get the AWP? I always try to get and I don't quit. I don't heckle people when they get over me and I don't cry when I don't get it. I play, save, and try again.

When I join a CS:S server and there are hockey rules, restrictions, all_Talk on, etc etc, I leave. Like most seasoned Counterstrike players I like to play it the way I have for almost the last decade. I don't like excessive weapon restrictions, I like friendly fire on, and I like 40ppl servers. 2 out 3 not bad.

I didn't/still don't see anything wrong with the old way. And people who have came into the forums to vote agree (70% like the old way or more AWPs). Yet we are still going to pursue it. I know you are good with code and can do magic with the servers, Bison. I would suggest you implement these ideas in the pistol/GunGame...soon to be dead server. It would be no problem for regulars to join to populate and do a test run. I am sure there are enough on POP Maps and 24/7 world to help out.

I think these proposed parameters are unnecessary and weaknesses greatly outweigh the strengths. You're going to do what you're going to do and I don't think its a good move. I played 45 days on your servers under the old rule and never saw an issue. All it took was one jack rabbit to post something in chat, it make into the forums, and an instant Good Idea response from people that do not AWP on the servers. Same thing happen with the time reduction making it near impossible to do objectives on the hard sided maps. VietCong (infamous troll) suggested it, no vote, boom the change. I see a gradual but similar thing happening now.

Blah blah blah, when changes come if people like it they will stay. If they don't they will leave. You would be more likely to lose more players than gain new players by implementing radical changes.

silly, post: 70104, member: 2152 Wrote:You're still both missing the point. It doesn't matter if you haven't individually experienced difficulty buying the awp on these occasions. The fact of the matter is that virtually only one person can have it per team; and granted that there are at least 3 or 4 people, on average, who want to use the awp on a team of 10 (probably an understatement) those other players are being consistently short-changed. I'm usually one of those players (despite being a fast buyer).
We aren't missing the point. There is no point. Times it is hard to buy AWPs and times it is easier to buy AWPs. Yet I still get the AWP? I am smart and I save my money to buy the AWP. I have it on round 3 on losing team and round 2 on winning team. Why? Because I don't get greedy, buy weapons/armor. I save what I like to do. People are pushing for the more "fair" hugs and kisses gameplay. I know you need hug....sorry I am not going to give it to you. If you can't take an AWP, you probably don't deserve it. How about we do a plugin, where it is displayed on a silver platter to people when they can't buy it for 5 rounds.
Assassin, post: 70231, member: 2398 Wrote:So what happens after they use their force buy? do they have to wait till half or map change?
Quote:After they've wasted the force buy command, they'll then join the pool of people which are competing for the awp against both other players and force buy users.

A player will reattain their force buy every half. Attempts to circumvent the force buy tracker such as rejoining the server will not work at giving you another

Meaning they have to bind it out.

This new plugin doesn't restrict the number of awps a person can buy. If everyone uses up their force buy command, its pretty much back to the old plugin.

At least everyone gets to hold an awp.

Old system was alright, but it wasn't perfect. New plugin aims to be like an extra chilli cheese fries to go along with the current whopper burger.

Not everyone likes changes. Especially when its drastic and something radically new. Bison is probably going to test run on d2 anyway.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
joker8baller said:
[INDENT]especially with advertisements.[/INDENT]
Quote:What?

The advertisement of the AWP being available. That also leads to my comment about someone being a dick. It's more prevalent when there's a message saying the AWP is still available.

Quote:I somewhat doubt this will be the case. I went through the top 250 gameme players for popular maps (by hand) and noticed the majority of users had a lower kills by awp percentage than my own. A lot of these users had so little kills with an awp, that the listing actually showed it as 0% due to rounding. I've scrimmed with some of these players before and they awp better than me. I was also very surprised that comparatively, I was in the top 10% of prevalent awpers with only a percentage of 7%. If you think I'm kidding, feel free to look through the gameme statistics before they're reset this August. I inflated the use of awp in my earlier posts because I skipped out on the vast majority of users with a % lower than my own, while listing everyone with a higher %. Joker, your % of kills by awp was only 6%. Not to pick on Mr.Tea, but I can't even fathom how his % of kills by awp is a staggering 42%. I've personally hit the restricted awp message a considerable amount of times while trying to purchase it, so I know exactly what silly is talking about. I personally thought this made a strong case that the awp is in fact being hogged by a select few users, and not necessarily the people most talented with it.
I find the fact that the server is the way it is keeps servers. We have the typical complaints like shitty reg, lag, and laggers, but people like our accepted standard. While I don't like to AWP in pubs, I like the option being available to me to compete for.

I'm also against the new system, because it doesn't address the fact that people should be able to compete for the AWP. Having a force buy, automatically beat out the person who got it first is not something I'd like to see.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
I think thats a good idea but what happens when an awper doesnt die for a few rounds? does that mean there could be more awps than usual?
Assassin, post: 70240, member: 2398 Wrote:I think thats a good idea but what happens when an awper doesnt die for a few rounds? does that mean there could be more awps than usual?
There's no change to the actual awp limit. The only change is people getting one free shot at getting it. If there aren't any awps available the force buy will fail and be refunded. :p
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
M. Bison, post: 70242, member: 359 Wrote:There's no change to the actual awp limit. The only change is people getting one free shot at getting it. If there aren't any awps available the force buy will fail and be refunded. :p
But how do you I know its my turn to use my force buy and its not yours or will it be a competition on who gets it faster and it decreases when other players use their force buy?
Ya idk....I said this be for and so did Tea...it isnt that hard to buy the awp with the current restrictions specialy if you are on the losing side. Seems like you might end up waiting the whole map to get one cause every one in the server is in line infront if you of this is implemented.
What's the difference between a rigger and god?
God doesn't think he's a rigger.
Assassin, post: 70243, member: 2398 Wrote:But how do you I know its my turn to use my force buy and its not yours or will it be a competition on who gets it faster and it decreases when other players use their force buy?
You trigger a force buy prior to the next round. If too many people force buy, random ones will be selected. The rest will have their force buy refunded.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
How does reimbursement of AWP money work currently btw?
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.