keep the map
16 38.10%
remove the map
26 61.90%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cs_assault on popular maps
Assault and Aztec are bad. They should be taken off popular maps because they are just not very good. I see way more people complain when the server switches to either of those maps. Loads of people RTV straight away as well. Let's face it, if you enjoy playing those maps, you're probably on the side that the map is heavily advantaged towards Tongue de_losttemple_pro is a more balanced alternative to Aztec, as for Assault, I think that map should be taken off of the internet entirely.
If you read this, you suck.
There's actually people who genuinely like this map. They even play on the CT side.  :o

I think the best way to deal with this problem is to replace it with a fairly balanced version.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Maybe iSpy could make a war-lords version since he did it with de_dust_2.  :-\
Add another this and delete that. Make it fun and cool.

Just an idea maybee?
[Image: 2zecl8z.png]
Bah Wrote:Maybe iSpy could make a war-lords version since he did it with de_dust_2.  :-\
Add another this and delete that. Make it fun and cool.

Just an idea maybee?

Is the D2_wL version on one of the servers yet? I would like to see it played and see how everyone likes it.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
If you can find a good balanced assault alternative replace it...
[Image: 140332_101.png]
I like assault.......this map really famous in my country more than dust 2 but aztec lame  Tongue
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]
de_piranesi, cs_italy, cs_militia and de_port are all more unbalanced than cs_assault... if you take assault off the server because it's too unbalanced, might as well take those off too.

Also Rival: de_aztec is more balanced than de_nuke and de_dust2 for example...

The most balanced official maps on the servers are cs_office, de_cbble, de_inferno, de_train and de_dust.
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT DUST 2!!!!
If you read this, you suck.
keger Wrote:de_piranesi, cs_italy, cs_militia and de_port are all more unbalanced than cs_assault... if you take assault off the server because it's too unbalanced, might as well take those off too.

Also Rival: de_aztec is more balanced than de_nuke and de_dust2 for example...

The most balanced official maps on the servers are cs_office, de_cbble, de_inferno, de_train and de_dust.
Maybe on a scrim, but in the pub aztec is a lot less balanced than dust2 and nuke.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Some of my best war-lords memories are hunting down Jack Monroe on Aztec. Assault is an amazing map when you don't have scared ct's. I've loved that map since before valve heard of cs. I hate T on it though, but love ct (hate camping). Nothing in any video game is more satisfying than a successful TMP/5-7 vent rush yeilding a 4 hostage rescue with most of the Ts still alive (doubly if Ts are stacked like usual). If you don't have the balls to attempt this, I understand your hatred of cs_assault.

[poor explanation]
I used to play this map way back in the day on 56k on a 24/7 assault/delta assault map. This map can on occasion be won single handedly by cts no matter how stacked. You crouch jump into the vent(not stairs) and head shot 1 or 2 people camping it, make it to the top, throw flash through vent cover hop down wipe out everyone camped there, duck, reload, smoke behind the box next to the lower garage door kind of under you then enter hostage room, clear it grab hostages, come out of room and go right jump over the fence down into the smoke you threw before entering hostage room and dissappear out door into cover firing of those bastards on your team camping and run towards spawn... the hostages will make their way to you eventually. In and out in like 30 seconds. Hit them with this by surprise and it works pretty often actually and is SUPER!!!
[/poor explanation]

If you have even the slightest of cohesion you can topple the Ts right over... but even when every ct sucks and wont rush you can still play swat style tactics and decimate the other team and hide in cover by yourself. I get such a rush on this map that sometimes its worth the wait for those k/d focused people that dont want to die in the first 30 seconds.  Assault is for thrill seekers.

Delta assault is alot more even, seeing as when one CT makes it to the hostages they can open a backdoor and escape with them to the bridge. Its not massively different but it opens up alot more ways to win for cts.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."