Yes
25 44.64%
No
31 55.36%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One AWP per user
Mr.Tea, post: 67928, member: 1006 Wrote:Just longer delay in spawn so a rusher can flank and kill people while they are trying to the weapon change.
This is an invalid argument. I'm not sure what would make you think exchanging weapons is slow. I used to do it for Sol, Rabbit, and Sporkis all the time when the economic stimulus plugin wasn't there. It was actually a challenge to afford awps on the losing team. They'd ask for it before the start of the next round and I'd toss them it pretty fast on round start. We were always still one of the first ones out of spawn. If people begin to ask for the awp only after the round has already started, then this would show a lack of foresight and a degree of incompetence. The only reason it happens now is because no one is certain whether they'll be able to purchase the awp or not. Additionally, even if this were a problem, the freezetime could be incremented to account for the added delay of purchasing the weapon.

Faultless, post: 67936, member: 12785 Wrote:Is it currently up and running on D2?
Naw, I still haven't gotten around to coding it. :confused:

@all the rambling about picking it:
I don't know who started this, but it's not what was I proposed. The awps can only be picked up in spawn. If someone ran out mid and got killed, no one could pickup his awp except those who haven't bought it or the enemy team. I proposed it this way because I don't want people lurking around their teammates. I'd also render the awp invisible for those who can't pick it up so to limit confusion.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
I did not get it bison. No one can pick up awp in the middle of the map except those who didnt buy it. Pretty much 39 people didnt buy that awp, and whoever bought it is probably dead.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
No need to triple post now.

Be objective in your arguments.

Keep any personal remarks within PMs.

Message goes out to everyone.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Quote:This is an invalid argument. I'm not sure what would make you think exchanging weapons is slow. I used to do it for Sol, Rabbit, and Sporkis all the time when the economic stimulus plugin wasn't there. It was actually a challenge to afford awps on the losing team. They'd ask for it before the start of the next round and I'd toss them it pretty fast on round start. We were always still one of the first ones out of spawn. If people begin to ask for the awp only after the round has already started, then this would show a lack of foresight and a degree of incompetence. The only reason it happens now is because no one is certain whether they'll be able to purchase the awp or not. Additionally, even if this were a problem, the freezetime could be incremented to account for the added delay of purchasing the weapon.

Not an invalid argument. You're not the average pubber, and Sol, Rabbit, and Sporkis aren't either. The others have mics and they can spot each other quite quickly, but not every pubber has a mic.

There's the problem of not being to ask for the awp during the round since the awpers are typically not the first to die, if they're playing a spot, covering a flank, or defending a lane. It doesn't always give them the most amount of time to ask for the weapon.

The problem with exchanging weapons is the fact that it's inherently slow. Players must first buy the weapon, find the other person, have each person drop the gun and take off. Players in our scrims (5 players on a team) *still* have problems exchanging weapons with each other and we for the most part have mics. Now, take this and add 15 more people, and it becomes more complicated, especially if a troll comes in and attempts to take the awp during the exchange. Even if it's not purposeful, people are running everywhere so it becomes even harder with more people.

Increasing the spawn time isn't a suitable tradeoff either, as you still gotta run towards the person, you can't do it like a scrim where you shoot the gun across to someone.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
I think weapon exchanges are slow in any pub....again, If you implement this please get rid of freeze time so I can better suit "my" game play...one person wants to help another that is fine but you better do it fast.
What's the difference between a rigger and god?
God doesn't think he's a rigger.
joker8baller, post: 68248, member: 835 Wrote:Increasing the spawn time isn't a suitable tradeoff either, as you still gotta run towards the person, you can't do it like a scrim where you shoot the gun across to someone.
The point of the increased spawn time is two factors:
1). It takes more time for someone to buy the awp when they don't do it frequently.
2). It gives players the opportunity to find each other before the round actually starts. For instance, they say something on mic to give away their location via radar or spam a radio command doing the same.

The point is people will be able to do this faster as they do it more frequently. People know the tricks of getting awps successfully because they've spent so much time doing it and figuring out ways to get them faster each time. The same could apply to this as well. Of course no one starts out an expert on their first try. Wink
Increasing spawn time loses the momentum of a pub game imo.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
I am sorry Bison...but I think you are under estimating the people who play in pubs...and as far as giving people time to find each other in a "pub" is crap...

nominate as_oilrig
What's the difference between a rigger and god?
God doesn't think he's a rigger.
Spartacus, post: 68262, member: 1060 Wrote:Increasing spawn time loses the momentum of a pub game imo.
This.

Increased spawn times is just another change we would have to make for this limitation should work, further affecting gameplay.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
The plugin was surprisingly easy to make. :p

The implementation is a bit different, though:

1). Each player may only purchase a single awp/sg550/g3sg1 once per half or until map change.
2). A player may pick up awp/sg550/g3sg1 at any time assuming one of these conditions are met:
-> a). The last person to use it wasn't on their team.
-> b). The last person to use it didn't die while carrying it. (allowing teammates to pick it up)
3). You won't be able to see it when you're not allowed to pick it up. Wink
4). Reconnecting won't circumvent limitations.

I can add it to 24/7 Dust2 at any time. You two are still up for it, right?