Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSGO Update Sneak Peak
They are still trying to get people to convert to CS:GO, however. It's bad that CS:GO hasn't reached the playerbase that CS 1.6 and Source had and it really does reflect poorly on the game, especially since there are a lot more gamers out there now. That's one of the main things they need to do is get Source & 1.6 players to convert.

A lot of pros have left recently and over the last year when you look at how many pros there actually are out there. A lot of them cite the lack of support CS:GO gets as a tournament and a lot of them are European as well. A lot of European sponsors have also let go of their teams due to lack of productivity.

The GO Community is brutal across the seas too. a lot of talk on reddit, steam forums and such illustrate it. Not to mention that it's not just the competitive scene I'm talking about, it's the casual stuff as well. It's a different way of thinking then from the old 1.6 ways way.

I'd argue the NA scene is dead because PC gaming except for SC2 & LoL have amassed the majority of gamers. No one really cares about the old day of Quake or CS. Combine that with the fact that no tournament worldwide has the amount of money that was previously around say like CPL's $50,000 or the absurd $200,000 payout from 3D in Korea. No matter how you look at it, the money just isn't there... and that's not even adjusted for inflation.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Was it right to make a game like CSGO in these days? When people are playing other games...
Did they make the game to grab more players because it's kind of different from older CS?
Or did they want to make CS players convert to GO because the graphics are better or so?

I think the developers are making the game different from older CS because they want to attract players that were not attracted to old CS games (skinned gun packs, more grenades, more melee), to make it feel a bit more like other FPS games
mar_heave : Which David is performing some testing on the server?
M. Bison :That'd be me. I'm testing ways to destroy the server. :eek:

Ever played in PlagueFest server
[Image: 2dgqm84.png]
[Image: dejxg5dm1cglfstk5w.png]
To me , those who hate GO are those who wants css gameplay with better graphics . GO won't feel like css because it is mostly base on 1.6 . The recoils are far more than css (this is what make people hate GO so much) .

CS:GO is still considered as a new game . It will get better time after time .
"People scream when I Scrim"
[Image: ghostcat-300x230.jpg]
People hate GO because it doesn't feel like a CS game.

Yes, the recoil isn't easy like Source, but the movement is atrocious. No wallbangs, and unbalanced weapons. While it started to recreate a 1.6 feel it doesn't even come close.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
^
Its not about recoil Ghosty, its about the movement just as joker said.
If they wanted to make a different game, they should have used a different name. CS shouldn't not have been thrown into the mix. Other than the maps there is literally nothing screams its a CS game rofl.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
joker8baller, post: 100548, member: 835 Wrote:People hate GO because it doesn't feel like a CS game.

Yes, the recoil isn't easy like Source, but the movement is atrocious. No wallbangs, and unbalanced weapons. While it started to recreate a 1.6 feel it doesn't even come close.

while everybody agrees wallbangs could be a bit more potent or damaging in GO, I still think that it's a good medium between the no-wallbangs of css and the everything-wallbangs of 1.6. If only they up the damage a tad it would be great. As for the movement and glock, they're both going to be changed in the next 2 months most likely.