Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WTF] backwards responsible for recent DoS attacks
(Jan 29 2015, 08:51 AM)Riser Wrote:
(Jan 29 2015, 08:22 AM)Terminator Wrote: Why WT-F is DDoS-ing US server? I'm from asia and I'm kinda new to warlords. Is there any feud between the two community?

Back in Feb last year, wL was hit with a huge DDoS that took out most of our US servers.. 4 of our mostly populated servers died because of it. Shortly earlier or later (can't remember), WT-F set up a Popular Maps server and most of our regulars moved on to that server. We decided to set up Kill4 as a sub community of wL and now they're being attacked as we populate them. Bison traced it back to the said guy, not sure if he is acting of behalf of WT-F or just himself.

This is what I remember, probably missing some details.

That's a dick move... DDoS just to get the population? That just remind me of Dota 1 clients back when Garena was at war with Ranked Gaming Client.
(Jan 29 2015, 09:05 AM)Terminator Wrote:
(Jan 29 2015, 08:51 AM)Riser Wrote:
(Jan 29 2015, 08:22 AM)Terminator Wrote: Why WT-F is DDoS-ing US server? I'm from asia and I'm kinda new to warlords. Is there any feud between the two community?

Back in Feb last year, wL was hit with a huge DDoS that took out most of our US servers.. 4 of our mostly populated servers died because of it. Shortly earlier or later (can't remember), WT-F set up a Popular Maps server and most of our regulars moved on to that server. We decided to set up Kill4 as a sub community of wL and now they're being attacked as we populate them. Bison traced it back to the said guy, not sure if he is acting of behalf of WT-F or just himself.

This is what I remember, probably missing some details.

That's a dick move... DDoS just to get the population? That just remind me of Dota 1 clients back when Garena was at war with Ranked Gaming Client.

OMG! that just reminded me of this thing too, in rkd dota1 lolol..
It's really really sad that you guys are drawing your own conclusions out of your ass as to what brought down your servers. Before your entire gaming community came over to our servers (uninvited and unwanted mind you) most of us had never heard of your clan or cared for that matter. We ended up banning and slapping around most of your members because they were used to servers with no rules and no direction.

Then your server goes down and suddenly the conspiracies are flying around.

I'd be very careful pointing fingers at the dark and naming the culprit... it's obvious you guys have no clue about networking and your level of understanding is amateur at best.

Life lesson for you: Do your homework before raising your hand in class, or you risk looking like an idiot.
How they dare to talk like this in this thread? http://www.wt-f.com/forum/index.php?/top...#entry6149 -- That's so pathetic!
Oh look they're panicking.
IBM PALM @ 1.9MHz, 16-bit
16KB RAM
204KB storage via QIC magnetic tape
Keyboard input
(Jan 29 2015, 08:35 PM)wtfrepresent Wrote: It's really really sad that you guys are drawing your own conclusions out of your ass as to what brought down your servers. Before your entire gaming community came over to our servers (uninvited and unwanted mind you) most of us had never heard of your clan or cared for that matter. We ended up banning and slapping around most of your members because they were used to servers with no rules and no direction.

I'd be very careful pointing fingers at the dark and naming the culprit... it's obvious you guys have no clue about networking and your level of understanding is amateur at best.

Life lesson for you: Do your homework before raising your hand in class, or you risk looking like an idiot.

"A thief will never say he steals"
"Whenever a DOG barks a lot, there is always a SUSPICIOUS reason"
[Image: 76561198086824360.png]
[Image: 1063972_101.png]

(Jan 29 2015, 08:35 PM)wtfrepresent Wrote: It's really really sad that you guys are drawing your own conclusions out of your ass as to what brought down your servers. Before your entire gaming community came over to our servers (uninvited and unwanted mind you) most of us had never heard of your clan or cared for that matter. We ended up banning and slapping around most of your members because they were used to servers with no rules and no direction.

before posting something read carefully the topic! one of the wt-f members ddos atacked the kill4 server and you can see it by the logs been posted . looks like your life lesson didnt teach u any thing .
(Jan 29 2015, 08:35 PM)wtfrepresent Wrote: Then your server goes down and suddenly the conspiracies are flying around.
There's no conspiracy here. Your member, [WTF] backwards [DEV], did in fact DoS attack these servers.

If you're too skeptical to admit it then you're either biased and ignorant, or a liar.

Why, out of nowhere, would backwards join our server, say absolutely nothing, play for about a minute, and then sit in spec for the next 2 minutes? This happens after a heated argument with WT-F. Suddenly, a DoS attack materializes while he's in spec and knocks out the server. Furthermore, the source of the attack conveniently leads back to him. It was early morning and the only people playing at the time were friends, clanmates, and myself.

So let's reasonably think about this:

What's a more likely explanation?

1. (random attacker 1) A random attacker decides to blame backwards for an attack and sets up a gameserver masquerading as backwards' on 01/04/2015, long before the Kill4 servers are setup on 01/23/2015, and conveniently attacks while both communities are in a dispute and backwards is playing on the Kill4 server.

2. (random attack 2) A random attacker decides to blame backwards for an attack and notices that backwards runs a server. He's aware of a heated dispute between both communities. He waits until backwards decides to randomly join the rival server (which may never happen) and suddenly attacks.

3. (the inside job) The servers are conveniently hit by a DoS attack while backwards is playing. I notice he's playing and decide that either he's responsible for the attack or that I want to discredit WT-F by framing him. I make a thread full of forged/fake evidence at the expense of my reputation.

4. (he's actually guilty) backwards is aware of the ongoing dispute and checks up on Kill4. He decides to DoS the server with his own server because it's readily available. He doesn't bother to mask it because it doesn't matter, we're too retarded to check, or his provider does egress filtering.

I'll admit #3 "the inside job" is plausible, but there's an easy way to discredit it. If anyone believes this is what happened, I could always have my provider disclose the origin of this specific attack. Let me know if anyone wants to do this and I'll inform them i'm okay with them divulging the client information. If you won't believe my provider either then you're too much of a skeptic to matter.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Some people really need to get a life.

Honestly, I find this kind of action pathetic and distasteful for people. Why can't people just learn?
Steam Status:
[Image: 76561198006067879.png]
Global Offensive Stats:
[Image: graphic.png]
* Please add or message me if you need something. *
--- War-Lords Veteran / STEAM ID: flamewarden77 ---
Click to view ---> My Twitch Profile
We never accused them of the DDoS attacks in Feb but only the recent ones. Also they claiming we copied their host is wrong, we usually host our servers at NFO once ours get taken down. Kill4 is a direct copy of Pop Maps with a few additional plugins.

I'm pretty sad this is even happening.