Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swearing Filter
I, The Rival Wrote:But then in turn, the people who put the filter in place are also dumb and ignorant for making up sentences like ...i haev sayme intelex... and ...i r rapist....
I don't find M.Bison dumb and Ignorant... :\
I, The Rival Wrote:Well fair game, if you're not going to edit it so that it just turns to characters, then I guess ich kann Deutsch schworen. Because surely I can't be dumb or ignorant if I can speak another language, right? Gut sheiße, Kaninschen.
Its not up to me... I was mearly telling you why, it is the way it is.

I, The Rival Wrote:I don't really get the need to make people feel dumb or ignorant for using profanity though. I mean surely the term is defined by the use of those words? I mean, if you're constantly swearing so much that you need to be filtered, then by definition, you're dumb and ignorant? I feel like you're just going the extra mile for the sake of it.

Well if you don't need to use profanity, then why is this a big deal? :|
I, The Rival Wrote:It's really not funny though.
well, i don't know about you, but after I read your other comment I laughed a little.

I, The Rival Wrote:Edit : Also you filtered "retarded" to "...i haev sayme intelex...ed"? Wow....
lol

I, The Rival Wrote:....that's not even a proper sentence...

...Trying to force people on an internet forum to find other ways of insulting people? That's just dumb.
First off, I intentionally made it sound as silly and awkward as possible. I did this since personally it is my belief that insulting someone though such means is just petty and makes me question your intellect. Secondly, that isn't dumb, insulting someone is completely unnecessary and if you are clever enough to find an alternative means of doing it, well at least you are relatively clever and you've got that going for you.  Tongue

I, The Rival Wrote:I'm English, I don't need to expand my vocabulary.
If you're English I'd assume you know about the Victorian era.  :-\
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
BISON, BISON !!!!!
can you change Loks to Sexy Boy??? lol!!!!
[Image: 20j1ild.png]
balls kike ignorant ass-licker nut-washing, homo.

With an advanced vocabulary, you can simply avoid the filter.

"What the f-uck." < "What the hell."
"F-UCK, I didn't mean to do that." < "Damn it, didn't mean to do that."

Get over it.
[Image: xBlueXFoxxsigATI7-3-11.png]
[Image: blue.jpg]
But don't you realise that you are actually filtering the words to phrases that are  worse than the profanities you are blocking? You are  just making it worse. I don't see how you aren't understanding that. God forbid that I should question an admins frame of mind, but you aren't solving anything.

Also I am guessing that this is something that's not going to be extended to the servers? That would only be a logical step, after all that is where all this stemmed from (Kittens being racist and homophobic on chat in the server, right?).
If you read this, you suck.
I, The Rival Wrote:I am guessing that this is something that's not going to be extended to the servers?
no, it will be extended. it's only a matter of time. *evil laugh*
I, The Rival Wrote:But don't you realise that you are actually filtering the words to phrases that are  worse than the profanities you are blocking? You are  just making it worse. I don't see how you aren't understanding that. God forbid that I should question an admins frame of mind, but you aren't solving anything.

Also I am guessing that this is something that's not going to be extended to the servers? That would only be a logical step, after all that is where all this stemmed from (Kittens being racist and homophobic on chat in the server, right?).

When swearing the person swearing gets pelted with the insult, regardless to what the insult being, it shouldn't offend others. "...i r rapist...", if you were lets say "raped" when you were younger, I would like a reasonable response on how you would be offended by this, as it's not directed toward you or in an offensive matter; Instead, you get the right to laugh at the person who used profanity.

People can easily avoid the filter by saying "f-uck" instead of the filtered word, but the concept of the filter is to let people know they should talk with as if their mother is watching over their shoulder when they're typing.

Best solution to your case is to simply NOT use profanity, even when not directed toward people, others may still find it rude and offensive, as it shows lack of intelligence and maturity.

M. Bison Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:I am guessing that this is something that's not going to be extended to the servers?
no, it will be extended. it's only a matter of time. *evil laugh*
[Image: xBlueXFoxxsigATI7-3-11.png]
[Image: blue.jpg]
I, The Rival Wrote:But don't you realise that you are actually filtering the words to phrases that are  worse than the profanities you are blocking? You are  just making it worse. I don't see how you aren't understanding that.
No, I don't think you understand. The words get filtered into a bunch of incoherent nonsense which as a result makes the person using profanity look relatively incompetent. This will hopefully reform these troubled individuals into capable people who are able to word their sentences better.

I don't think it is appropriate to, for example, use shit in place of what you are actually referring to. This use of shit causes your sentence to be relatively ambiguous for no good reason. This and a few other things common in the use of profanity makes you seem like you have no idea what you're talking about.
M. Bison Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:But don't you realise that you are actually filtering the words to phrases that are  worse than the profanities you are blocking? You are  just making it worse. I don't see how you aren't understanding that.
No, I don't think you understand. The words get filtered into a bunch of incoherent nonsense which as a result makes the person using profanity look relatively incompetent. This will hopefully reform these troubled individuals into capable people who are able to word their sentences better.

I don't think it is appropriate to, for example, use shit in place of what you are actually referring to. This use of shit causes your sentence to be relatively ambiguous for no good reason. This and a few other things common in the use of profanity makes you seem like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Bison should get the next nobel piece price.

Bison- Saving the world, one incoherent mean person at a time.
Fair enough. If a reasonable request is turned down in favour of some ridiculous insanity, then so be it. I'm English, I know how to take rejection. We'll see how this plays out though.
If you read this, you suck.