Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swearing Filter
I, The Rival Wrote:Fair enough. If a reasonable request is turned down in favour of some ridiculous insanity, then so be it. I'm English, I know how to take rejection. We'll see how this plays out though.

No taxation without representation broter!
Rabbit Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:Fair enough. If a reasonable request is turned down in favour of some ridiculous insanity, then so be it. I'm English, I know how to take rejection. We'll see how this plays out though.

No taxation without representation broter!

I am not your broter. But I agree, there shouldn't have been taxes without representation in Parliament, but then again there shouldn't have been someone named Pitt the Elder in Parliament either.
If you read this, you suck.

By saying you're English, am I to assume you're an English person, or and I to assume you speak English?

If you're claiming you're an English person, I am to assume you think that every English person has proper spelling and grammar, stereotypical maybe?

If you're saying you know how to speak English, by assumption of knowing proper grammar and spelling... Well, self explaining... "I'm English". Would be totally improper grammar, instead the correct term would be "I know how to speak proper English", and so fourth.

Also,

I, The Rival Wrote:Fair enough. If a reasonable...

Should be

I, The Rival Wrote:Fair enough, if a reasonable...

However, you have beaten most forum dwellers in grammar, thus I award you for effort.  Wink
[Image: xBlueXFoxxsigATI7-3-11.png]
[Image: blue.jpg]
One should note, however, that this filter is impacting chat logs as well. I have been unable to successfully read several logs that have been posted to the forum. Perhaps a toggle or exclusions?
Anubis Wrote:One should note, however, that this filter is impacting chat logs as well. I have been unable to successfully read several logs that have been posted to the forum. Perhaps a toggle or exclusions?
Yes, I was aware of that. I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing such things since I'm not that overly used to SMF yet.

xBlueXFoxx Wrote:

By saying you're English, am I to assume you're an English person, or and I to assume you speak English?

If you're claiming you're an English person, I am to assume you think that every English person has proper spelling and grammar, stereotypical maybe?

If you're saying you know how to speak English, by assumption of knowing proper grammar and spelling... Well, self explaining... "I'm English". Would be totally improper grammar, instead the correct term would be "I know how to speak proper English", and so fourth.

Also,

Should be

I, The Rival Wrote:Fair enough, If a reasonable...

However, you have beaten most forum dwellers in grammar, thus I award you for effort.  Wink
[Image: memes-pimp-my-grammar-nazi.jpg]

god... i'm such a troll. anyways, i don't think bad grammar is all that bad if the sentence overall produces something coherent. my grammar isn't even too good and this is fairly obvious (at least for me) since I had to edit a few of my replies because they were mostly incoherent nonsense.  :'(
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
M. Bison Wrote:[Image: memes-pimp-my-grammar-nazi.jpg]

I love it.

It doesn't make you any faster to make the letter i/I lowercase if you adapt it into your second nature of typing. Unless, you pulled the shift key off your keyboard.
but my pinky hurts today...  :'(
M. Bison Wrote:but my pinky hurts today...  :'(

Fair excuse!

/thread
xBlueXFoxx Wrote:

Also,

Should be

I, The Rival Wrote:Fair enough, if a reasonable...

Here's a couple of points for you to consider :

1) "Fair enough." was just an opening statement. It can stand by itself without the need of a comma connecting it to the next sentence. The full stop was for emphasis. Way to ruin my moment of being a drama queen.

2) I said "I'm English, I know how to take rejection". I don't know how you got "I'm English, therefore I have perfect spelling and grammar" from that.

3) It's "forth", not "fourth".
If you read this, you suck.
I, The Rival Wrote:3) It's "forth", not "fourth".
oh god... not another one of these...

[Image: tumblr_lhx12di09a1qz6l95o1_500.jpg]