Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Admin Application
Re: James Admin Application [RESUBMIT]

ruplayer Wrote:
James Wrote:
Eternal Wrote:Anymore more people posting denied or approved on applications (other then people who are allowed to deny and approve of applications) will be given warnings. This is your first warning, don't do it anymore.

Thanks.
Nice way of bumping your thread lol

Was that impolite of me? lol. I'm sorry it's just there were a few threads above mine that were already closed so I figured no one would scroll down. Anyways lol.
Not impolite, just human behavior... lol
ruplayer Wrote:Not impolite, just human behavior... lol

The thing is I saw that you all said something about posting mindless nonsense in this section as far as responses go gets a warning and such so I needed something that seemed honest. And quite frankly I am surprised this was only brought up in my application if you consider everyone elses "good wishes". To be honest the good wishes get kind of annoying because it is like false hope you know? I think this section should be only visible by a certain sector of the community and the threads only be viewed by the maker and admins. But that is just my opinion.
James Wrote:
ruplayer Wrote:Not impolite, just human behavior... lol

The thing is I saw that you all said something about posting mindless nonsense in this section as far as responses go gets a warning and such so I needed something that seemed honest. And quite frankly I am surprised this was only brought up in my application if you consider everyone elses "good wishes". To be honest the good wishes get kind of annoying because it is like false hope you know? I think this section should be only visible by a certain sector of the community and the threads only be viewed by the maker and admins. But that is just my opinion.

Yeah, make it visible to forum staff, but make it invisible to everyone else. But, if you feel this should be taken into consideration; http://war-lords.net/suggestions/ go for it. Smile
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

think about it this way....if its not locked then its not answered.
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
I agree about all  "good luck, approved, denied" comments. And I advised to have it for staff only long time ago.
I disagree with the notion that ordinary forum users should not be able to post in admin applications. When considered with a broad/holistic perspective, many of the comments made by ordinary members can provide a fairly accurate indication of the character and reputation of the applicant.

For instance: http://war-lords.net/staff-applications/...plication/
I presume that one of the main reasons he was approved so quickly and at such a young age was because of the comments made by ordinary members.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
You presume a lot of things, but in the reality we have 28 active admins on our servers + chat logs + steam id history, we don't need your presumed "denied" or "approved" for that, we never choose admins by comments on staff applications.
ruplayer Wrote:You presume a lot of things
As does everyone who has an opinion about anything. You yourself presume that because war-lords "has 28 active admins on our servers + chat logs + steam id history", ordinary forum users cannot provide useful comments about applicants. You yourself presume that some members are gay without legitimate evidence. You yourself presume that the war-lords servers will still be on-line tomorrow. There is only one thing that someone does not need presume: The truth of Rene Descartes' "I think, therefore I exist".

ruplayer Wrote:we don't need your presumed "denied" or "approved" for that
I'm not talking about the "denied" and "approved" comments. They were jokes. 

What I am talking about is comments like the following: "I LOVE THIS KID!!!!! He's so nice man, so nice, soo soo nice, and he believes in PEACE not POWER.  HE"S LIKE CSS GHANDIIIIIIII!!!! But honestly he's always calm, always looking out for everyone, always contacting admins when hackers around, it'd be a shame not to make him admin, a waste really, he's always there and always pwning or learning.  He's got a future in css, make it easy on him!!!! <3"

and: "Good luck mate, i like how fair and respectful you are, i hope you get accepted."

ruplayer Wrote:we never choose admins by comments on staff applications.

I didn't say that admins are chosen soley on the basis of those comments. I implied that the comments probably have an influence on the outcome of the admin application.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
wrong thread to make these type of arguments. lets all leave James's app alone for now. He's already bumping it a lot on his own.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.