Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Stacking
silly Wrote:
_RemiX Wrote:Tea, Silly, both of you are mature enough to bite your tounge and agree to disagree. Don't make me play Daddy.
True Smile

trueplayer Wrote:p.s. yea, silly you're a smart one.a
Thanks.
Silly and his selective reading.
Is this thing on?

[Image: 11qid6d.jpg]
_RemiX Wrote:
silly Wrote:
_RemiX Wrote:Tea, Silly, both of you are mature enough to bite your tounge and agree to disagree. Don't make me play Daddy.
True Smile

trueplayer Wrote:p.s. yea, silly you're a smart one.a
Thanks.
Silly and his selective reading.
Nah, just a selective response Smile

JukeBoxHero Wrote:Sorry to continue the quoting lol...
Don't be sorry about it, that's what the quote function is there for Wink
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
shingo Wrote:Hello, I play on your rotation server under the alias epik. I really liked the addition of the ct/t switch during maps. It has prevented a lot of the players stacking to play the "advantageous" side, if there is such a thing. However, I have noticed the increasing number of people team stacking on the better players' teams. What I mean by that is, some of the more regular, experienced players stacking/joining same teams every map. This obviously is bound to happen in any heavily populated servers like yours, but it's getting to a point when it becomes a romping for the stacked side and the pop dropping from players on the opposing side leaving. In other words, it's becoming excessive.
I can't say for sure that these players are doing it intentionally to harvest points, which is stated to be against the rules of your servers (I don't want to call people out either tbh). And I know that it can happen to a degree. But when these players consistently join the same team, map after map, leading to some players complaining and leaving, I think it's a problem that needs to be addressed. This game is much more fun for everyone when the playing field is leveled and my point is under the premise that wL servers run under a similar principle.
Since this IS the suggestions section, I'll throw some ideas out there. I'm not too familiar with server scripts and settings to know what's possible and what's not so I'm speaking from my experiences purely. AUTOBALANCE. The one currently in place only balances sides when the number of players differ greatly (ie. 16 players to 10 players). This doesn't really help when players get moved AFTER people have left. Also it doesn't seem like it moves players according to their skill level/score/ranking. Maybe implementing an autobalance system that shuffles players (especially the top fraggers) when the score is starting to get lob-sided or a team is consistently winning rounds, could help prevent a side running up the score too much. I've also noticed the money. "6000" for players on the losing team. I think this is helpful but with awps/autos limited, while it can help you grab rifle/kit/armor/nades, the result is usually the same when the skill levels of the team differs that greatly. Otherwise, all I can think of is admins being more aware of these players that do it consistently and having a more explicit warning/consequence system for it.
At the end of the day, the newer players to the server just come in and play. But it's usually the regulars and the all-day-ers that start to stack sides. If nothing can be done, I'd wish a simple message to the regulars (and everyone) regarding your rules against team stacking would remind them every now and then. Thanks for taking my input!

This is what we are here for, just a reminder.
I'm new, in thirteen days it will be two weeks for me.
Solution: Get better.

No, seriously. One of the best ways of getting better is by playing people that are better than you. Teams are never going to be completely even, a team is always going to be slightly better. Yet, that's not always the winning factor, the winning factor is when a team works together. A pub team full of shitty's understanding how to play will beat 3-4 players that are great... it's going to be a slaughter for the first few guys, but if you push through then you're set.

Good players like playing with good players as well. It's just something you're really not going to stop. Once you find a group of players that you can gel with, that understand your playing strategy, it's something you want to keep doing. Especially if you're a strong group of friends. I play to have fun as my primary goal, winning as my secondary, unless it's a scrim. I'd rather be playing with my friends then some annoying idiots, so preventing that is only going to anger me.

With that being said, I feel as if a lot of the older regulars and better players regularly hit autobalance more than actually choosing teams. Stacking isn't a major problem as it is right now, and I don't feel like it can ever be change to truly make even teams. The only possible solutions is to make an algorithm to properly balance teams, but at that point, you're interfering with the game mechanics so much, you're "noob-ing" / ruining the game.

Yes, teams should be decently fair, but there needs to be a limit of how far we go. You really do get better by playing better players and facing harder odds.  I don't feel like it's a problem worth solving, or even needs solving... Players needs to get better by playing more, and with the amount of non-steam players that we have on the servers, it's not worth catering to their needs since they're newer players than those that have played for years.

TLDR. Get better, stacking isn't that bad of a problem on the servers. You only get better when you play against people better than you, etc.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Yeah, my friends are made up of skillful players and _RemiX
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Mr.Tea Wrote:Maybe you should quote quote them.
joker8baller Wrote:Solution: Get better.

No, seriously. One of the best ways of getting better is by playing people that are better than you. Teams are never going to be completely even, a team is always going to be slightly better. Yet, that's not always the winning factor, the winning factor is when a team works together. A pub team full of shitty's understanding how to play will beat 3-4 players that are great... it's going to be a slaughter for the first few guys, but if you push through then you're set.

Good players like playing with good players as well. It's just something you're really not going to stop. Once you find a group of players that you can gel with, that understand your playing strategy, it's something you want to keep doing. Especially if you're a strong group of friends. I play to have fun as my primary goal, winning as my secondary, unless it's a scrim. I'd rather be playing with my friends then some annoying idiots, so preventing that is only going to anger me.

With that being said, I feel as if a lot of the older regulars and better players regularly hit autobalance more than actually choosing teams. Stacking isn't a major problem as it is right now, and I don't feel like it can ever be change to truly make even teams. The only possible solutions is to make an algorithm to properly balance teams, but at that point, you're interfering with the game mechanics so much, you're "noob-ing" / ruining the game.

Yes, teams should be decently fair, but there needs to be a limit of how far we go. You really do get better by playing better players and facing harder odds.  I don't feel like it's a problem worth solving, or even needs solving... Players needs to get better by playing more, and with the amount of non-steam players that we have on the servers, it's not worth catering to their needs since they're newer players than those that have played for years.

TLDR. Get better, stacking isn't that bad of a problem on the servers. You only get better when you play against people better than you, etc.
silly Wrote:True Smile
trueplayer Wrote:Some thoughts.

I have seen good players being accused of team stacking upon joining the game on the middle of the map. It's like they have to wait for available slot in another team to join or wait for the next map, so they can be cool with you, raging about unfairness. Another thing I've heard - "you just joined this team because it will be switched next round and you will go CT on Aztec", or "you just joined CT on aztec, Stacker", so what do you want from good players now, should they just quit? I know we used to have issues with team stackers before we implemented team switching plug-in, even after it, it was a bit unfair due to a bad timing, but it was recently fixed. The only form of map stacking I see is when players intentionally join back to another side after teams got switched, but don't worry about this one, it's very rare, just leave it up for admins to deal with.
Bottom line, if you can't get a kill, don't look for someone guilty in this, work harder to get better.
silly Wrote:Thanks.
silly Wrote:
silly Wrote:I
seem to find difficulty squeezing logical thoughts through
silly Wrote:my
brain when they do not match with
silly Wrote:my
already held opinions (or
silly Wrote:I
just pretend that that is the case).
silly Wrote:just a selective response
silly Wrote:I'm sorry, it's me.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
[Image: facepalm.jpg]

You've made a collage...

To anyone: What I was saying was that I have noticed quite stacked teams the few times that I have actually gone over to popular maps. Possibly a bit of coincidence involved, but it did happen. I'm not making a suggestion about how to eliminate stacking. And I agree that playing against good players will help you improve. But even if a player is good, it doesn't mean that he'll be able to unstack the teams with his presence alone (unless he's as good as mahone or boon). You can't just dismiss a person's claims about stacking by saying that person is bad at the game. I am not bad at this game, neither is tea, and I have seen him complaining about stacking more than anyone else.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
Spartacus Wrote:Yeah, my friends are made up except _RemiX
I fixed it for you. Thank me later friend.
Is this thing on?

[Image: 11qid6d.jpg]
I wish my internet was working properly...maby just this conversation was enough to make a few think twice.
As far as the "I just join my friends team cause of trolls or styles"..I feel like some people might be using this as a crutch
"playing against better players makes you better" maby you guys should take a taste of your own medicine in regards to that.
I have been playing since '02 so more playing time is not the issue with me.

P.S. I am over this thread it seems like the admins are ok with the game play on the pop servers. I m going to leave it at that.
I'm new, in thirteen days it will be two weeks for me.
silly Wrote:[Image: facepalm.jpg]

You've made a collage...

To anyone: What I was saying was that I have noticed quite stacked teams the few times that I have actually gone over to popular maps. Possibly a bit of coincidence involved, but it did happen. I'm not making a suggestion about how to eliminate stacking. And I agree that playing against good players will help you improve. But even if a player is good, it doesn't mean that he'll be able to unstack the teams with his presence alone (unless he's as good as mahone or boon). You can't just dismiss a person's claims about stacking by saying that person is bad at the game. I am not bad at this game, neither is tea, and I have seen him complaining about stacking more than anyone else.
joker8baller Wrote:Solution: Get better.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]