Yes
25 44.64%
No
31 55.36%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One AWP per user
We'll probably give it a test run on the 24/7 Dust2 server. JumbOlaya doesn't mind watching over this little experiment. Tongue
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
IMO, the players are def. different there then from Pop Maps.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Note that the main aim of the new plugin is not to deprive the players of buying awps. Its to allow everyone an equal chance of buying the awp, while not overpowering a team with awp snipers.

I like ru's intention, just that his suggestion needs fine tuning.

Unrestrict all weapons? Let losing team gain money after losing multiple consecutive rounds.

Ps: typing from phone as well.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Spartacus, post: 67868, member: 1060 Wrote:Unrestrict all weapons? Let losing team gain money after losing multiple consecutive rounds.
That already happens to some degree. The losing team generally gets varying levels of economic stimulus based on map, side, and kpd. :p
I think it's fine the way it is now.

What happens if no one wants to buy the awp, and then the person who wanted to buy it, can no longer do so? What happens if that's the only person who can afford it? Too many variables to account for.
1. A few people said "Too many unnecessary restrictions are already placed on the Awp.". Wait a minute, you remove some restrictions and you add other ones. You add one awp per user, but you remove 1 awp per team.

2. It is really good because it actually creates some better relation between players, motivates them for team work. Awpers will be making friends with regulars, so they can ask them to buy another awp and trade weapons. Non-Awpers will be picking dropped awp on the end of the round, so they can drop it at spawn for others on the beginning of the next round, or maybe just trade it for p90/m4/ak...

3. Sometimes I turn on tryharding and get high kills, but most of the time I join like any casual player, when I have 30 min - 1 hour free time. Sometimes I want to play with different weapons, like any casual player. I hit B-4-6 and it's already taken(1 sec after round started). Again, I can surely bind it, and my competition for that one awp will be down to only like 2-3 other people who binded it just like me, but what about the rest? Casual players, majority, people that hardly ever use their console? - I'll answer, no awp for them 99% of the time.

4. You wont see less awps, but you will see more different people holding them. You wont see less awps, but people will be using bigger variety of weapons.

5. Make it so awp can be picked, agree.

6. Tea, you're looking for some odd reason why would evil ruplayer created this thread, and you're coming to conclusion that "the thread owner has 7% of his kills with the AWP on Pop and 2% on Office. A non-AWPer trying to make things fair for awper, orly?". Really bro? You know me better than most people around here. I don't have any personal reasons or evil plans to create this thread. This thread is there because I can see how awp is not limited 1 per team, it's limited one per 2-3 same old people that continually use it, and only compete with each other for it. I really thought of servers in the first place when I created this thread. Don't try to find only bad in people, especially those people who can always back you up if needed, peace.

7. There are some yes and no votes, but overall voting process was falsified, it's not legit anymore. Bison will explain later.

8. Give it a try, worst case - we will change it back and forget about it, but give it a try first.

Thanks for taking time replying to this thread.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
How about this. No restrictions on awps or auto, but if you die with the awp, money goes back to $800.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
1) I don't want any more restrictions. Having the ability to only buy one-two awps per team is acceptable to a degree, but once a round/half isn't something that I think would be a good restriction compared to what we have.
2) Negative. Pubbers are insanely crazy about money, guns, and everything. This isn't a scrim, people aren't like that. It already takes long enough for pubbers to get out of spawn, switching weapons, and people stealing swapped weapons will only make our lives worse. The majority of pub stars are like this and they aren't really willing to change.
3) I disagree, I don't have my weapons binded in console. Everytime I buy the awp, I do b-4-6. I don't run into any rouble into getting the awp on a consistent basis.
4) I like having the Awp in the hands of a playmaker. Someone who "can" pick mid every single time.
5) Yes
6) I disagree. It's not the same 2-3 people, it's people that want to Awp, and are good at awping that compete for it. Everyone has a chance of getting the awp, and I really see no complaints about people not getting the awp, because I sure don't have that problem. There's a reason why no server uses such a rule. There's a lot of situations that exist

Quote:What happens if no one wants to buy the awp, and then the person who wanted to buy it, can no longer do so? What happens if that's the only person who can afford it? Too many variables to account for.
7) Run the vote again then. I guarantee you, the no's will still have it. While the votes were falsified, the falsified, once removed, the No's are still winning.
8) I don't think that switching it over to this system as a "test run" is the correct manner. The best alternative would be to advertise this new rule set in a new server and see who wants to join. We're going to have a lot of angry regulars & players, especially if we say to complain on the forums. Unfortunately, in this case, we run the risk of losing members and regulars who would rather just go to a new server.

If we do change the server, I'm sorry, but upon joining a server, I will be advertising, to complain on the forums if they disagree with the rule change.
I sure there's people who haven't been following the thread. So here's a basic summary of the feature:
  1. The player can only make one purchase of an awp per map. (24/7 servers would go by map half instead due to longer map durations)
  2. There isn't any sort of awps per team limit. There can be an infinite number of awps on a team, but they're still constrained by #1.
  3. If the player wishes, they may use their single purchase to give their awp to someone who has already used their purchase. (This can only be done in spawn)
  4. Users can't circumvent the purchase tracker. If they were to purchase an awp, leave and rejoin, they still wouldn't be able to purchase the awp until map change.
--

Spartacus, post: 67758, member: 1060 Wrote:I can imagine some guys playing extra douchery, like hanging back to avoid dying.
chun, post: 67806, member: 639 Wrote:i also think awpers will camp in spawn more and be afraid to get picks... as well as go after the objective because they wont get their awp back
I don't believe this will be too big of a problem. If they camp that's perfectly fine; however, they'll only be able to do so until they die. The users who are beneficial to the team and do objectives are likely be rewarded by their fellow comrades. A lot of regulars don't like the awp nor wish to ever use it. If a user wants the awp and has a good track record with it, his comrades wouldn't have any reason not to give him it. This will give that particular player more opportunities to use the awp per map. The camper probably won't get the same generosity. Good riddance. Wink

joker8baller, post: 67875, member: 835 Wrote:4) I like having the Awp in the hands of a playmaker. Someone who "can" pick mid every single time.
This system may actually encourage that behavior with exception to spawn campers.

joker8baller, post: 67875, member: 835 Wrote:We're going to have a lot of angry regulars & players, especially if we say to complain on the forums.
That's not necessarily a bad thing. When players complain it gives us insight into their desires which we can then try to conform to. The status quo isn't working too great either. There's people who hate it immensely. They used to complain all the time, but it doesn't happen anymore because the system is basically accepted at this point to not be going anywhere. I know people (me included) who generally don't even try buying the awp because it's a hopeless endeavour at times. There's a lot of uncertainty about this system and it's probably the cause of much hesitation. No one will know how it'll go until it's actually tested.

joker8baller, post: 67875, member: 835 Wrote:6) it's people that want to Awp, and are good at awping that compete for it.
The first point is definitely true. The second isn't necessarily true. This doesn't necessarily mean the player is beneficial to the team. There's quite a few awpers who do nothing other than camp spawn. They're among the players who give the gun it's bad name. I'd prefer the awp be in the hands of someone beneficial to the team rather than someone kill hunting.

joker8baller, post: 67875, member: 835 Wrote:2) It already takes long enough for pubbers to get out of spawn, switching weapons, and people stealing swapped weapons will only make our lives worse.
valid point.

joker8baller, post: 67875, member: 835 Wrote:Everyone has a chance of getting the awp
The person who buys it first will always have the advantage to buy it again. They can simply spam the re-buy key. It's pretty much impossible to beat them to it at that point. :p

You'll have to hope they run out of money. Unfortunately, this may not even happen to extremely horrible players. If their kpd is horrible enough, they'll always get 6000 due to the stimulus offered to them. That's enough for an awp, kit, and armor.
its a terrible idea IMO with the awp , atleast the 24/7 servers are fine the way they are . Having said that i think this really could be implemented with autos . ( God damn i hate them autos ) . And why oh why do we still have autos in counter strike Sad
[Image: 21abvjs.png]