Yes
25 44.64%
No
31 55.36%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One AWP per user
silly, post: 67849, member: 2152 Wrote:Actually, it is essentially removing the awp monopoly from popular maps. If Mr Tea, you and I were on popular maps, on T side, only one of us would be able to have the awp. The most dedicated/quickest person would be able to obtain the awp every time. The monopoly is compounded when there's 10 or even 20 people on your team. I've played on maps from their beginning to end without ever being able to purchase an awp (despite trying). At least with ruplayer's (probably suspiciously intended) suggestion, everyone gets at least 1 chance. If any of you argue that the 1 awp per team limit is better, it means that either you want to continue the awp monopoly for yourselves (and as a direct consequence restrict the ability of others to use the awp) because you don't want to get shot by an awp, because you don't like change, or simply because you couldn't care less.
In your proposed section, I would get the AWP every round. Joker wouldn't try to buy it unless someone continued to AWP him. I would money save until I could get it while you would most likely buy a weapon or armor. I would buy the AWP first chance I got. You would get enough money, but the AWP would be bought. You would continue to buy max buyout with your cash and be frustrated not getting the AWP. I usually join the losing team, many times I will be afk for 6 secs and still can buy the awp because most players don't manage/plan with their money.

I can't be the quickest person. The start of every round I am behind all of the US players because of my latency delay when buying the AWP. Yet, I get it most of the time. If you can't buy/get the AWP most of the time its because you don't really want it. You would like it, but then again, you like a lot of other weapons too.

Good Idea Fairies usually pop in to benefit their playing style. Hence the reduced round time on pop maps 6 months ago. When 40 ppl were on and a Massive battle would take place on a overly favored map, the underdog would run out of time when having a good shot at winning. Italy is a perfect example. Why did this change happen? Because an impatient person joined because most other players don't hold down their W,A,S,D keys and would die in within 30 secs every round. No vote, change was made and just favored that style.

If you really want to allow the casual awper to get an AWP make a plugin where a player can override the AWP restricted 1 time per map, but after they die with it they are governed by the AWP restriction.
I think that you will upset alot of players by doing that bison, each player have his own preference some like the m4 better than the ak and some like to play with the awp and you taking that away from him will upset him and might affect the popularity of the server I vote to keep it as it is now.

Mr.Tea, post: 67924, member: 1006 Wrote:In your proposed section, I would get the AWP every round. Joker wouldn't try to buy it unless someone continued to AWP him. I would money save until I could get it while you would most likely buy a weapon or armor. I would buy the AWP first chance I got. You would get enough money, but the AWP would be bought. You would continue to buy max buyout with your cash and be frustrated not getting the AWP. I usually join the losing team, many times I will be afk for 6 secs and still can buy the awp because most players don't manage/plan with their money.

I can't be the quickest person. The start of every round I am behind all of the US players because of my latency delay when buying the AWP. Yet, I get it most of the time. If you can't buy/get the AWP most of the time its because you don't really want it. You would like it, but then again, you like a lot of other weapons too.

Good Idea Fairies usually pop in to benefit their playing style. Hence the reduced round time on pop maps 6 months ago. When 40 ppl were on and a Massive battle would take place on a overly favored map, the underdog would run out of time when having a good shot at winning. Italy is a perfect example. Why did this change happen? Because an impatient person joined because most other players don't hold down their W,A,S,D keys and would die in within 30 secs every round. No vote, change was made and just favored that style.

If you really want to allow the casual awper to get an AWP make a plugin where a player can override the AWP restricted 1 time per map, but after they die with it they are governed by the AWP restriction.

Its true I have one of the highest pings on the server if not the highest yet when I try to buy the awp I get it most of the time.
Dr. Ruplayer, post: 67871, member: 9168 Wrote:1. A few people said "Too many unnecessary restrictions are already placed on the Awp.". Wait a minute, you remove some restrictions and you add other ones. You add one awp per user, but you remove 1 awp per team.

2. It is really good because it actually creates some better relation between players, motivates them for team work. Awpers will be making friends with regulars, so they can ask them to buy another awp and trade weapons. Non-Awpers will be picking dropped awp on the end of the round, so they can drop it at spawn for others on the beginning of the next round, or maybe just trade it for p90/m4/ak...

3. Sometimes I turn on tryharding and get high kills, but most of the time I join like any casual player, when I have 30 min - 1 hour free time. Sometimes I want to play with different weapons, like any casual player. I hit B-4-6 and it's already taken(1 sec after round started). Again, I can surely bind it, and my competition for that one awp will be down to only like 2-3 other people who binded it just like me, but what about the rest? Casual players, majority, people that hardly ever use their console? - I'll answer, no awp for them 99% of the time.

4. You wont see less awps, but you will see more different people holding them. You wont see less awps, but people will be using bigger variety of weapons.

5. Make it so awp can be picked, agree.

6. Tea, you're looking for some odd reason why would evil ruplayer created this thread, and you're coming to conclusion that "the thread owner has 7% of his kills with the AWP on Pop and 2% on Office. A non-AWPer trying to make things fair for awper, orly?". Really bro? You know me better than most people around here. I don't have any personal reasons or evil plans to create this thread. This thread is there because I can see how awp is not limited 1 per team, it's limited one per 2-3 same old people that continually use it, and only compete with each other for it. I really thought of servers in the first place when I created this thread. Don't try to find only bad in people, especially those people who can always back you up if needed, peace.

7. There are some yes and no votes, but overall voting process was falsified, it's not legit anymore. Bison will explain later.

8. Give it a try, worst case - we will change it back and forget about it, but give it a try first.

Thanks for taking time replying to this thread.
1. Its placing an overall restriction, no doubt about it.
2. Teamwork? Bartering? Or plain begging? Just longer delay in spawn so a rusher can flank and kill people while they are trying to the weapon change. The "not friends" running around the friends trying to "Steal" the weapons. Right.
3. You also have your preset buyouts, B then S,D,F,G.
4. Yes you will, winning team lots of money. The people who like to AWP buy, they DIE. Next round or so, others buy AWPs die. Rest of map No AWP for the team.
5. It already can, now it will encourage players to lurk the AWPer anymore if that is their only means to get a AWP.
6. I know why you created the thread. I don't hold back on anything like this. Has nothing to do with backing-up. Your play style is often stopped by the same AWPers often stopping a flank that would get you 3-4 easy kills. You get frustrated when players don't rush to their deaths and slow play the game. Not to mention, when that casual AWPer gets instantly killed with the AWP because of the lack of experience and now they won't/can't have it for the rest of the game? Right, that is fair and helping people get better at AWPing.
7. Poll, is fine if you notice it is a landslide against it.
8. unrestrict the AWP and see what happens then. Have we tried this?
I'm an awp whore. i still voted "yes" Tongue
Would be interesting to try something different.
[Image: sig_534691_2_1_en.png]
I think that this is an interesting idea and is worth a try.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
nvm, removed.
I really enjoy using the Awp, I don't use special bindings to get it first and i am still on that top list. That's because i try to pick it up and if it lets me i take a few shots then die. I am not the biggest fan of this new system, but im not unwilling to give it a shot. Is it currently up and running on D2?
[Image: 4r721w.png]
[Image: 619806_101.png]
I you really want to change it then make it that you can pick up the awp from the dead i mean it would be a waste to just lose it like that. Not all players are good awpers, and please do so for the autos too, and im sure if you use this idea many will switch to scouts instead Rolleyes
Spartacus, post: 67915, member: 1060 Wrote:According to Ru's theory, your teammates would provide you an awp if they deem you good enough.
In a pub? Right.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Honestly, if I managed to buy an awp, i'd give it to Tea, or any capable sniper.

Remember we can still pick up awps dropped by teammates AND enemies.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.