Yes
25 44.64%
No
31 55.36%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One AWP per user
Mr T, your awp usage statistic make me laugh a bit. Big Grin It mean that roughly 50% of the time, no-one else on your team can use the awp.

To be perfectly honest, I'd like to just join the pop maps server for around 20 mins and be able to choose when I want to awp (at least once).
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
That's what my suggestion does:
Mr.Tea, post: 68164, member: 1006 Wrote:Or allow every player to override the 1 AWP per team restriction one time and have it revert to 1 per team. The latter would meet your "intentions" and not further impair this rule's agenda.

I made it really big so people didn't have to read my rant. Here is the example too:
Mr.Tea, post: 68169, member: 1006 Wrote:It allows the babies to not cry about not having the AWP once and allows people to have a chance to get the AWP if they can afford it. 1 AwP Restriction would remain in effect the entire time.

Example:
Mr.Tea is only one to buy AWP - nothing would happen.
Mr. Tea and Joker would buy the AWP same round - They both lose their freebie
Mr. Tea and Joker try to buy the AWP again - 1st come 1st served
Mr. Tea and Joker try to buy the AWP again and then Spartacus tries - 1st come 1st served / Spartacus gets his Freebee
Dv Buys an AWP then Mr. Tea and Joker try to buy the AWP again and then - DV gets his Freebee/ 1st come 1st serve to the restricted AWP

Enjoy. Everyone gets to AWP on my suggestion and it doesn't effect any players playing style.

silly, post: 68196, member: 2152 Wrote:Mr T, your awp usage statistic make me laugh a bit. Big Grin It mean that roughly 50% of the time, no-one else on your team can use the awp.

To be perfectly honest, I'd like to just join the pop maps server for at least 20 mins and be able to choose when I want to awp (at least once).
I don't always buy it and I always try to pick it up when I play. If people don't bitch and gripe about "Where is my AWP, Who has the AWP, You suck with AWP?" and ask to take a turn at I don't buy it. That is really selfish of me though. Your understanding of making conclusions from that statistic makes me laugh a little too.Big Grin
Your suggestion makes words restriction sounds like a joke.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Dr. Ruplayer, post: 68187, member: 9168 Wrote:Tea, lets be realistic, all you're fighting for right now, is ability to get awp every round because you're smarter than others and can use bind, and because this is the only weapon you can get 2+ kills per death, and because you want to rebuy it every round after all your rushing team is destroyed and they get to you somewhere near your spawn. Remember using binds is advanced action in this game, 90% of people dont even know how to do this. When we started playing, we were rushing together, it was a great time till you became nerd awper.
There's a standard bind of buying an awp. B-D. I don't even use it. I use b-4-6, and I still get it. There's no awp monopoly that you speak of.

I, Tea, and many other competent awp'ers can easily get 2+ kills per death without the awps, look at us in pubs & in scrims.

We're arguing against this change because it's not beneficial, and it's not going to do anything but gimp the game, make it more noob-friendly, and otherwise punish people for playing well. There's a reason why 99% of the current servers here don't use this rule. Because it doesn't help.

Mr. Tea and I have been playing CS: Source and CS 1.6 and before for a VERY long time. And we agreed that this was a bad idea, and it didn't make much sense.

Like I said, I'd rather see a "noob-friendly" server be created than this rule be enforced. If it's so popular and beneficial, then it should be populated 24/7 right? Because that's what these rules do, create a noob-friendly environment.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Dr. Ruplayer, post: 68195, member: 9168 Wrote:The only reason for suggetion - so everyone can use awp, I just called the only reason for your bs talking here, don't troll me with your videos, another mind level here. I suggest whatever in the first post + unlimited awp for Tea personally, really don't wanna listen about poor awpers life anymore.
Ru, can you please not edit your posts in responses to posts I have already made? I try to avoid lengthy quotes for this reason.

I took to your suggestion and saw a win/win to meet your "objective." Have an environment where everyone has the opportunity to AWP. I give you a solution to do that without going AWP unresticted. It allows all players to buy the AWP 1 time ignoring the AWP restriction rule and are still able to try to buy it with a 1xAWP restriction. A fair compromise. The casual AWPer can do it once a map and the regular AWPer is not effected.

That is what you wanted right? A man of the people? Oh, but we need to do something to prevent people skilled with an awp to continue to awp. Can't help you with that objective. I guess I should continue practicing my p90 skills.
Mr.Tea, post: 68169, member: 1006 Wrote:It allows the babies to not cry about not having the AWP once and allows people to have a chance to get the AWP if they can afford it. 1 AwP Restriction would remain in effect the entire time.

Example:
Mr.Tea is only one to buy AWP - nothing would happen.
Mr. Tea and Joker would buy the AWP same round - They both lose their freebie
Mr. Tea and Joker try to buy the AWP again - 1st come 1st served
Mr. Tea and Joker try to buy the AWP again and then Spartacus tries - 1st come 1st served / Spartacus gets his Freebee
Dv Buys an AWP then Mr. Tea and Joker try to buy the AWP again and then - DV gets his Freebee/ 1st come 1st serve to the restricted AWP
I dont really understand this suggestion can you please elaborate a bit?
I edited my post 50 sec after I made it. I'm done talking to you, you start disrespecting me. Your point is clear, you will get awp fisrt anyway, less other awpers like you to prevent you from awping. You only worry about your own skin, look at chat logs, popular maps July 15 4:15 pm, and you will see, it's some random player who suggested it in game. He said he saw this in some other commnity, and it was brilliant. I told him that I will suggest it on forums. You in the other hand, only worry about your own skin, so pathetic. Done talking here, I leave this thread for others.

Oh, so I dont upset tea, by editing my post, I will double post saying, that guy suggested it after he was unable to buy awp because it was restricted to one.

Quote:I'm pretty shitty with +7-10 KPD with an AWP
This is so shitty example... Means nothing. It's like Jhon uses awp 1 time out of 10, Tea uses awp 1 time out of 2. Who will have more kills with awp? Oh and when you say your KPD is 7 or more with awp, it only says how many times you killed with awp and died by awp, it's not a general KPD, your general KPD is still 2+ with it. Simple math. And the only reason you use awp 50%, not all 100, is because sometimes you're saving for it with deagle and happen to pick up some other weapon. You're not so good, you just use weapon that has 1 shot per kill, and all its disadvantages cannot bother you at all, because you can't shoot while moving and your shots are weird when not using scope. When you camp with it near spawn, you don't meet any of those disadvantages of awp, just pure nerding.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Wow, thats alot of ppl getting worked up over one damned Gun...........
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
If you implement this everyone who buys the awp is going to camp there asses off regardless of the objective and after the first round of buying its just going to be sad...I have never played with a server the had this mod be for so I dont know but...my personal opinion is its not going to be good.

edit- if this is implemented I would like to suggest getting rid of freeze time so I can rush them out.

nominate as_oilrig
What's the difference between a rigger and god?
God doesn't think he's a rigger.
When did camping become such a taboo? Plain and simple camping is a strategy and good one at that, sometimes the best offense is a good defense. But coming up with a unique counter attack to a plan requires effort and maybe a little skill, so maybe this is asking to much. But I find it entertaining that the thought of even trying this plugin for a week makes some people so worked up.
[Image: 4r721w.png]
[Image: 619806_101.png]