Yes
25 44.64%
No
31 55.36%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One AWP per user
M. Bison, post: 68374, member: 359 Wrote:The plugin was surprisingly easy to make. :p

The implementation is a bit different, though:

1). Each player may only purchase a single awp/sg550/g3sg1 once per half or until map change.
2). A player may pick up awp/sg550/g3sg1 at any time assuming one of these conditions are met:
-> a). The last person to use it wasn't on their team.
-> b). The last person to use it didn't die while carrying it. (allowing teammates to pick it up)
3). You won't be able to see it when you're not allowed to pick it up. Wink
4). Reconnecting won't circumvent limitations.

I can add it to 24/7 Dust2 at any time. You two are still up for it, right?

[Image: tumblr_m3h5y9AxQR1r0gdzg.jpg]

Jokes aside, I'm not sure who the "two" you are referring to but i'm okay with it since its only on dust2, a server i don't frequent. But i'd drop by to see how the plugin is.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
M. Bison, post: 68374, member: 359 Wrote:The plugin was surprisingly easy to make. :p

1). Each player may only purchase a single awp/sg550/g3sg1 once per half or until map change.
2). A player may pick up awp/sg550/g3sg1 at any time assuming one of these conditions are met:
-> b). The last person to use it didn't die while carrying it. (allowing teammates to pick it up)

what do you mean by that? who would drop down the awp? not alot of players drop it when they have it, bison you are another valve thats trying to ruin this game lol Tongue
but this means no more awps for junkie which makes him more easier for me Tongue
Assassin, post: 68401, member: 2398 Wrote:what do you mean by that? who would drop down the awp? not alot of players drop it when they have it, bison you are another valve thats trying to ruin this game lol :p
but this means no more awps for junkie which makes him more easier for me :p

The theory is your pub teammate would donate the awp to you(when you've already bought an awp and lost it) if you're doing a good job covering flank/pwning noobs with it.

Theory is sketchy, but we've been through discussing this countless times. Now we'll see how it works practically.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Increasing time is no good...
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Dr. Ruplayer, post: 68208, member: 9168 Wrote:This is so shitty example..., just pure nerding.

Going to ignore your trolling at me as AWPer because I have primed and hit your nerve too good. Nerd Rage on brother. Both are stat references are deceiving and don't prove either case, it does highlight the undertones of the thread.

M. Bison, post: 68241, member: 359 Wrote:This is an invalid argument....The only reason it happens now is because no one is certain whether they'll be able to purchase the awp or not. Additionally, even if this were a problem, the freezetime could be incremented to account for the added delay of purchasing the weapon.
I remember many times when a friend would try to give an AWP and 4 randoms would rush towards his spot and we would get caught with our pants down by a rush. I sometimes do a rush like this because I have seen the other team consistently buy slow. I also, am caught trying to flank a rush while slow buyers are leaving their swpn. The reason it happens now is because pubbers are always slow at weapon buys. I can buy two weapon sets faster then a lot of people can buy 1. Can't tell you how many times I can rush the enemy spawn and catch players off guard. It isn't because of they can't get an AWP its because they don't use their presets. I can p90 buy(full kit/DEAG/Nade), M4/ak buy(full kit/DEAG/Nade), AWP buy((full kit/DEAG/Nade), Deag buy. All by hitting B and then SDFG. I am usually the first run running out of the spwn point AWP or Not. It takes less then a second to hear the buzzer that the AWP has been bought and another half second to buy your load out.

M. Bison, post: 68257, member: 359 Wrote:The point of the increased spawn time is two factors:
This addresses the issue of further restricting the AWP to make the server more noob friendly. I personally like a 3 second delay because it prevents people from doing the fast rush to catch the other team with their pants down. It also helps people coordinate a rush or teamwork by flashing their mic icon. Surprisingly, you will still see people not AFK unable to get their load out in that amount of time.

Increase the time so they can buy an AWP that they won't be restricted to buy? Are you talking about a different issue? Your plug-in would make time not an issue. The time would be to coordinate where to meet to exchange weapons and watch people try to scam a free weapon. Unless you lock people into a spwn and let move to try exchange weapons then start a round, maybe. Still people will gank free weapons.

Flaming has misdirected from this counter-suggestion:
1). Each player may only purchase a single awp/sg550/g3sg1 once per half or until map change ignoring 1 AWP restriction.
2). After a player's purchased an AWP circumventing the server's restriction they are placed in a group that is governed by 1 AWP per team restriction. This group would be governed by these conditions:
-> a). They compete for purchase only against others that bought an AWP ignoring the restriction
-> b). Only 1 AWP is able to be held by a person in this group
3). If an AWP is being used, players may not pickup multiple AWPs. (I.E. 4xAWPers start, they all die, and only 1 of those AWP would be recoverable)

This suggestions doesn't effect any current players style of playing. It allows everyone an opportunity to casually AWP. It doesn't overpower/flood the server with AWPs.

Spartacus, post: 68403, member: 1060 Wrote:The theory is your pub teammate would donate the awp to you(when you've already bought an awp and lost it) if you're doing a good job covering flank/pwning noobs with it.

Theory is sketchy, but we've been through discussing this countless times. Now we'll see how it works practically.
Very Sketchy, indeed. If you don't blindly rush to counter an enemy rush you are a camping Noob according to some.
Spartacus, post: 68398, member: 1060 Wrote:Jokes aside, I'm not sure who the "two" you are referring to but i'm okay with it since its only on dust2, a server i don't frequent. But i'd drop by to see how the plugin is.
ARYA and JumbOlaya.

Mr.Tea, post: 68423, member: 1006 Wrote:I remember many times when a friend would try to give an AWP and 4 randoms would rush towards his spot
This wouldn't be hard to catch on a client-side demo. If people are intentionally trying to steal weapons then I wouldn't mind banning them. I consider this behavior to be griefing.

Mr.Tea, post: 68423, member: 1006 Wrote:I personally like a 3 second delay because it prevents people from doing the fast rush to catch the other team with their pants down. It also helps people coordinate a rush or teamwork by flashing their mic icon. Surprisingly, you will still see people not AFK unable to get their load out in that amount of time.
That's why it was initially selected. I thought it was a nice balance. People don't get too impatient waiting and people have enough time to buy something. :p

Mr.Tea, post: 68423, member: 1006 Wrote:Increase the time so they can buy an AWP that they won't be restricted to buy? Are you talking about a different issue?
This was proposed in order to address concerns that individuals would have difficulty finding each other. If this is truly a problem then freeze time can be incremented to allow people more time to find each other via radar.

Mr.Tea, post: 68423, member: 1006 Wrote:Flaming has misdirected from this counter-suggestion:
This will a bit more complicated to code because I can't rely on the current weapon restrict plugin (they're incompatible). I'll give it a shot depending on how it's received in it's current state.

Edit: The system is currently active on 24/7 Dust2.

Edit: I have a new idea.

1). An individual player may circumvent awp limitations at anytime once every half/map.
2). Each team is entitled to a single awp. (cs_assault, cs_militia, and cs_italy, the CT-side may use two)
3). The first person to purchase an awp is using #2 except when there's people with awps already on the team. (counted on round_start, can't be circumvented)
4). Any awpers who survive the round shall be counted against #2. (This forces purchasing players to use #1)
5). Players who die with an awp may not purchase it on the round proceeding their death except when #1 is available.
6). The awps of players who die with them won't be visible or available for pickup by teammates.
7). Players can pick up enemy awps or those willingly dropped but #4 and #5 still obviously apply.

[img]i46.tinypic.com/5p51s4.png[/img]

Note: I won't allow any awps to be purchased when there's too little players (<12 players).
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
somehow it seems there are more awps than usual :o
You were using dark magic (something broke). :eek:

Edit: I uploaded the wrong copy. That should be fixed now. :oops:
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
I can't remember the last time a thread went passed 6 pages, and it wasnt the music or 1000 CS things thread.
I actually think that its right to have awps limited to the total amount of players on the server, so when theres total 40 ppl, 2 awps per team. I dont think letting everyone only buy it once(despite the fact that alot of good awpers will remain alive with it for like 5 rounds before they die) Is right though, Couldn't we put some kind of script in whereby u have to get like 3 kills with it in a round otherwise it gets force dropped at the beginning of the next round, at least this way anyone whose just hiding with the awp, or is completely useless with it won't be able to continue to not contribute to their team.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
20 min = 10 rounds, 10 awp per team per map, or 20 people buys awp + some will pick up from dead enemy teammates = 20+ awp per team per map.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]