Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swap sides every round?
No, I don't like this idea either. It will be mess.

You could just block team switching option at all. Join any team you want in the beginning and then your steam id sticks with that team even if you reconnect you wont be able to join another team. And work around specs too, so you wont get stack in spec if your team has 1 more player. Something like that.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Dr. Ruplayer, post: 83422, member: 9168 Wrote:No, I don't like this idea either. It will be mess.

You could just block team switching option at all. Join any team you want in the beginning and then your steam id sticks with that team even if you reconnect you wont be able to join another team. And work around specs too, so you wont get stack in spec if your team has 1 more player. Something like that.

That would be great, minus the exception that ATB could move a player if the teams are too unbalanced. ATB is being very lenient these days! We need it to be more harsh!
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
Incredible™, post: 83363, member: 6596 Wrote:It would confuse ourselves which side we are especially in the urgent timing
I'm not sure that's true. If you're being swapped every single round without fail, then at some point you'll always know what team you're on.

I think the primary reasons people hate being switched by ATB is because it leaves the impression they're being singled out, and consequently makes it feel unfair. The other reason is they play on the same team as their friends. I think switch at half and scramble are more confusing than this idea since they're not consistent. ATB is simply bad. I remember people were extremely confused when I first installed switch at half, but everyone's used to it now.

ALING KURING SARI SARI STORE, post: 83350, member: 1732 Wrote:I agree with linear that it would kill the population, since some players have their own preference side and stay with it for the rest of the half and change teams after the swap sides.
lol, that's sort of why I like this idea. The swap at half sucks on maps which are sided. At least with this idea you wouldn't have to play on the bad side for a long duration. It'll thereby lessen the frustration you'll accumulate by playing it.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
i would say better keep the servers as they r right now !!Big Grin
[Image: 984349_101.png]
[Image: imager.php?id=4415953&t=o]
[Image: 28ck2kg.png]
i think we need something new.. lets try it lets see if people would like it Wink
[Image: 216557_101.png]
[Image: imager.php?id=1901594&t=o][Image: imager.php?id=1178152&t=o]
n
reload, post: 83434, member: 4816 Wrote:i think we need something new.. lets try it lets see if people would like it Wink
no it will be a great risk.....if ppl dislikes it the will go and may not return to see if it is backed to normal or not.....
[Image: 984349_101.png]
[Image: imager.php?id=4415953&t=o]
[Image: 28ck2kg.png]
switch thavs every round
thavs, post: 83435, member: 16525 Wrote:no it will be a great risk.....if ppl dislikes it the will go and may not return to see if it is backed to normal or not.....
Well, it's not like, they always join back. They stay when there are not:
  • Laggers
  • Douches
  • Cheaters/Mic spammers
  • not many noobs
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
Have it tried out on a server...Announce it a few days in advance, have it up for 24 hours. Check the population levels, and then make a poll for the general public to vote whether they dig it or not. That way the 24 hours can be like a test run whether that is a viable option or if people would just get sick of it. I wouldn't mind trying it out and get a feel...
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
nah just dont do it.... i dont see any benefits to this idea, especially since the team that lost the round would get winning money and vice versa every round