Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swap sides every round?
ceddeeoo, post: 83470, member: 9052 Wrote:nah just dont do it.... i dont see any benefits to this idea, especially since the team that lost the round would get winning money and vice versa every round
Good point.
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
I wouldn't recommend trying this even if there was a magical F5 button that could SAVE GAME>
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
ceddeeoo, post: 83470, member: 9052 Wrote:nah just dont do it.... i dont see any benefits to this idea, especially since the team that lost the round would get winning money and vice versa every round
I would completely rewrite the money handling. This wouldn't be a problem.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Even with the rewrite, I don't believe it changes the situation or opinion of anyone that posted here.

I don't see how it's going to affect autobalance.

I don't think the problem is that players are joining the "stacked" side of the map, but rather players will join a "stacked" team composed of better players, or the team that is winning. I think this is what most people complain about. Unfortunately, this would do little to fix this problem.

The issue I have with this is on multiple levels

1st) This will create massive confusion on both side for the first time it's implemented. This will also cause a lot of confusion of new players on our server. This is a short term & long term problem
2nd) This will not be conducive to gameplay.

First, I see this as a problem for overall gameplay. It will be very hard/next to impossible to coordinate strategy with a team. With a constant switch, it becomes a true pub, where players will just run around killing people. Players are not smart, and they are not typically responsive to teamwork. It takes a lot to get them to do anything, trying to coordinate strats for an opposing side is going to be DAMN hard.

Second, players will not develop strategies that adapt to gameplay. Pubbing is a great way to learn how to repel attacks, how to fix your problems in your strategy, etc. For example, to properly stop a de_dust2 Short A rush, players need to learn to adapt, to see what works and how to flank and make picks. By changing teams every round, you don't get the trial-and-error phase. If a team refuses to change or adapt their strategies and gameplay, they need to understand that by sticking with the norm, it won't change either.

Third, Just by the responses here and talking with other people, the regulars and admins don't seem to like the idea.

3rd) It does nothing to address the real issue of players joining a winning team or stacking with better players. People will still be able to do this. And this is really the bigger issue and the more relevant one. Sure someone can stack sides, but without a competent team, they're still going to get wrecked.

4th) Teamstack is really overplayed. You only get better by playing against better players and/or team. That's where you develop the reflexes & strategies that you need. Good players also tend to cluster together on a server. They enjoy playing against each other, but they also enjoy talking and hanging out with each other. It's a balance that needs to be preserved to have them continue to frequent our servers.

/Rant unrelated. If we're all worried about teamstack, let's do something about the amount of shitties that rando the p90. I feel like that pisses off more people Big Grin.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
p90 limit like the awp? hahaha
And Auto as well. Let us see half the top 10 drop off the scoreboard like the vermin they are! >Smile
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
sounds freaken awesome, im down!
[Image: Rose.png]
[Image: 570717_202.png]
dont do it
LordbabY, post: 83534, member: 11073 Wrote:sounds freaken awesome, im down!
we dont agree
[Image: 216557_101.png]
[Image: imager.php?id=1901594&t=o][Image: imager.php?id=1178152&t=o]
The whole thing is that Bison wants to confuse ppl and wanna get highest score Tongue
[Image: 629965_101.png][Image: dav8ugf75d010z8vovm.gif]