Yes
25 44.64%
No
31 55.36%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One AWP per user
This system may have actually made awping more prevalent in 24/7 Dust2. There's way more awpers per round but mostly different faces. I'm seeing very little camping. :eek:
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Yes, it went well, people like it.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
I still highly dislike the situation... We're gimping the game.

Testing it in 24/7 Dust 2 is different from Pop Maps. Entirely different player mindset.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Got on dust 24/7 for the first time since buying steam, I think. As Bison mentioned, there is more overall awping than usual. The inability to rebuy awps is keenly felt in a large map like dust2, and I found myself playing a little more cautiously than usual (yes, even Izzie sometimes plays cautious) but I thoroughly enjoyed the new plugin. And picking up enemy awps is so rewarding. Big Grin

PS. If there is enough interest, perhaps we could try this on popular maps 1 servers to gauge popular reaction. Those unhappy with this config could continue to play as they have in pop maps 2.
George, Of The Jungle Jun 29, 2012:
Is this the profile of a bear?? Hmm, I didn't know bears were capable of playing css. Don't they break the keyboard with their massive paws? This is very peculiar and requires further investigation. If this is true, no one knows what kind of risks this might hold. They might electrocute themselves, maybe they become addicted to the game causing them to neglect their parental tasks. What must become of their offspring?
I will select a team consisting of the world's foremost scientists that will go about this scientific quest in the uttermost professional manner. This taskforce will carry the name "CANBURZREALLYPLAYCOUWNTERTRIKE - HUHWHUT????". I trust upon these men a task of huge importance, the fate of bearkind may depend on it. Godspeed men, Godspeed!
M. Bison, post: 68544, member: 359 Wrote:This system may have actually made awping more prevalent in 24/7 Dust2. There's way more awpers per round but mostly different faces. I'm seeing very little camping. :eek:

That's because we burn the campers and their awps.

But overall it's going pretty well. As expected, there are people who dislike not being able to rebuy the awp..but it is something new for them
The change gives you an idea of how many people want to use the awp. At one point a single team had 8 or so awps. :eek:
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
I think we should be advertising that this is a test run and like&dislike should be directed at the forums.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
M. Bison, post: 68524, member: 359 Wrote:You were using dark magic (something broke). :eek:

Edit: I uploaded the wrong copy. That should be fixed now. :oops:
lol the funny thing is that Jump said he couldnt buy the awp more than once
Really dont think its a good idea.
Just jumped in spectate for a bit(about 40min) and Observed.

Lag spikes, killed many AWPers.

No AWPs available when they had good AWPers (Periodically, checked people's gameme stats since I don't know anyone there).

No opportunity to pick up AWP because their team was getting rolled.

Watched a guy laggin out lerpa derpin and killing an AWPer on the losing team. Sucks for him.

CTs can't buy AWPs or when a new player joins and buys an AWP and quickly dies, CTs can't recover the AWP and they get rolled giving the T's that rolled them a free AWP.

T-Side now has free reign in middle because CTs that tried to counter-awp mid used their buy. Sucks to be on the losing team as an AWPer.

If you want to continue using these settings at least let the losing team see the AWP that their team drops when dying. Its a massacre at times. It was nice seeing multiple people on a team AWPing, but that was usually against an enemy without AWPs. Like really, all you have to do is kill the guy trying to counter-AWP once and you don't have to worry about that weapon being in-play or a threat. It can make things really easy for good AWPers on a winning team.

Update: Jumped in again
Observed with 20mins left in the map, many rounds w/ the winning team (T) being the only one able to AWP. However, when new players join the Map it does replenish ability to AWP on the losing team.

Its unfortunate that both observations there are times that the server lagged bad.

Now neither teams have an AWP, but a lot of scouts out there. ~30+ ppl playing map 3 RNDs no AWP able to be purchased 1Min left on MAP.

Update: Now I'm playing
Rushing Mid, which many people will do now. Killing early buying AWPers with DEAG no armor. Now just using a p90 at mid, taken out all of the top5 chances at AWPing.

Last few rnds before Side switch AWP free