No
15 50.00%
Yes
15 50.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 AWP and ONLY for losing team.
M. Bison Wrote:That gives me an idea. I can simply make it remove the awp after each round and refund the money. That way everyone has a fair chance at getting it
Unless someone has binds for buying the AWP, in which case you'll pretty much never get it.

M. Bison Wrote:Alternative suggestion, remove AWP limit on losing team entirely. Y/N
I don't think that would make much of a difference because the players in losing team usually don't have enough money to buy an AWP. On some specific maps (de_dust mainly) I usually save money for a couple rounds before buying the AWP, and it's extremely rare that someone else wants it (unless we've been winning, which is pretty much never the case being T).

BARCODE Wrote:AWPer = Camper = afraid of dying = care too much of their score/points = care too much to be no. 1 = ???
Not necessarily. Whenever possible I try to do the objective even if I have an AWP, as long as it's remotely possible. Taking the de_dust example again: because I'm usually staying in the back when I have the AWP, chances are I'll be one of the last Ts alive. If 45 seconds from the end of the round it's down to me vs. 4 or 5 CT then I'll definitely try to get the bomb and plant it. I don't care so much about saving my weapon.
Spiffywerks Wrote:And how is "loosing team" determined?
The losing team will be determined through a variety of statistics which have been gathered each round. A few of the things it will keep track of is how many players there were on each team and many of these players survived on each team to round end. In addition to this, it will be by default, somewhat biased towards either T or CT based on the map. The bias will mostly be based on the win-lose ratio from every round that has ever occurred and which can be seen here. I will, however, periodically tweak the biases and other aspects of the plugin to compensate for unexpected variables.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
I should say that this subject must be taken into action..
I play a lot in 24/7 de_dust and most of the time the winning team is the team with an awp hugger..
I've seen many players that used awp for almost each round.. that sucks big time.
[Image: 11bkoc6.png]
[Image: 2uiga3d.jpg]
[Image: bar.jpg]
The whole "AWPers massacre the other team" mentality is (no offense to anyone here) quite a noob mentality.  It's about utilizing cover, fake peeks, and nades to get at the AWPer.  Most people think they can go toe-to-toe from long distance with an AWP, and most of the time that gets them killed.  When real-world results don't measure up to their large self-expectations, they get mad and start blaming the gun.

Like someone else said before me, the problem with balance is that a 20-player team will never be able to coordinate gun buying, so only a few members of the losing team will have a useful gun while most of the team has a pistol.  A good player can do quite a bit of damage with a USP, but I doubt the average player on your server even knows how to use the gun.  A simple fix: If a team loses 3 rounds in a row, give everyone on that team $4000.  That should ensure that everyone can be somewhat properly geared up.  If they continue to lose, just award them $4000 every round after that.  That way the losing team has a fighting chance.

Lastly, a funny story.  I played with Parik the other night and he was AWP whoring as usual; I rushed him through long and missed 4 point blank shots with the deagle (fail).  I ended up taking out my knife, hopping up to him, and knifing him in the face.  So yeah, one AWP really isn't that big of a deal -- the issue is team balance and cash rather than a gun I've only seen one person (Ownage) use well.

p.s. problem with awpers in mid?  learn to wallbang.
Lol..not all players including me is good like you biebs..and sad to say that im talking bout pro players who can use better with other guns yet choose to use awp and kill 50-60% of enemy and not mentioning stacking all other good players to its side..try to play always in 24/7 de dust2 and u will see what i mean..

and Nah,Ownage is not only the player here that good with it..  :Smile

Still leaving all the decisions to the roots.
[Image: 11bkoc6.png]
[Image: 2uiga3d.jpg]
[Image: bar.jpg]
Maybe something addressed for the the 24/7 servers? I don't see it as a large problem in #1, #2, or #4.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Then why not implement an aggressive team balance system?  After one team wins 5 consecutive rounds, do a scramble?  Arrange players evenly by KPD so that the top 5 players (by overall KPD, not by score on the team) of both teams have roughly average KPDs?  I'm sure a more complicated balance system could be thought out, but I was thinking of something using weighted averages to pick members of each team, i.e.

T={}
CT={}

players={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}

let's assume players 1-10 have KPDs of 10-1, respectively

random send the first player to a random team, for example CT

then T={}
        CT={1}

then #2 goes to T
        T={2}
        CT={1}

then find the average kpd of each team, weighted for # of players (T=9/2=4.5, CT=10/2=5)
since T has the lower KPD #3 goes to T
T={2,3}
CT={1}

now the balanced KPD is T=(9+8)/3=5.67, CT=(10/3)=3.33

so the next player goes to CT

CT={1,4}=>mean=4.25
T={2,3}=>mean=4.25

equal, so randomize again (assume CT)

and so on...eventually this gives you a team of (assuming randoms always go to CT)

CT={1,4,5,8,9} |KPD={10,7,6,3,2}=>mean=2.8
T={2,3,6,7,10} |KPD={9,8,5,4,1}=>mean=2.7

I am by no means a programmer or a mathematician but I feel it's easy to see how an aggressive balancing system like this could work (if it could even be implemented into CSS, I don't know jack about css except for some old sv_cheats 1 scripts).  Could also factor in server rank/# of kills to compensate for those (for example) that have never played before and are rocking a 20-1 score.
mar_heave Wrote:this topic is just tooooooooo hottttt
Makes me lazy to read and comment
mar_heave, please do not just comment on any topic for the sole purpose of incremental your post count and/or credits. If you continue to do so, we will deduct your posts and credits.

Thank you,
-xFerior-
Moderation Staff
Counter-Strike: Source
War-Lords.net Public Clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/W-L/

Contact xFerior (me) for more information on the Public Server clan.

[Image: 2evxipy.jpg]
biebsfan Wrote:Then why not implement an aggressive team balance system?  After one team wins 5 consecutive rounds, do a scramble?  Arrange players evenly by KPD so that the top 5 players (by overall KPD, not by score on the team) of both teams have roughly average KPDs?

What if its just a win because they are in a good team with people who talk on mics lots and work well together? Shuffling them up could just lead to the other team getting rolled, and then another scramble would ensue.
If you read this, you suck.
joker8baller Wrote:Maybe something addressed for the the 24/7 servers? I don't see it as a large problem in #1, #2, or #4.
I happen to disagree with you. Right after I read your post, I decided to joined #4 and take a screenshot of the scoreboard, and not surprisingly, the other team was getting rolled.

[Image: 4si3wz.jpg]

Now, this means that either it was a coincidence, and if I continue to do this periodically every 20 minutes that it should even out, or we do in fact have a balancing problem. I'm opting for the latter; if we didn't have balancing issues then I wouldn't be getting called into #4 almost every hour by a regular to balance the teams. I also wouldn't see the same kind of scores as shown in that screenshot, every single time I'm asked to balance teams.

Oh and, as I was typing this, I took another look in #4 and here's what I saw.

[Image: 2hgztjr.jpg]

Excluding the fact the team is getting rolled, don't you find it funny that once Mr.Tea saw me lingering around in there, he's decided to suddenly play the losing team and is now trying to balance it? Conspiracies, conspiracies.  :o
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol